TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's crappy animation, it's a corny story, it's got terrible voices and dubbing, but I find myself watching Speed Racer on the Speed Channel (Speedvision for those who don't buy into that) every morning before I head to work (6AM, CST). I guess it's just a throwback to my childhood when I used to watch it whenever it came on.

I guess since the NASCAR season is over for the year, they can't have all those NASCAR shows on everyday showing nothing, so they put Speed Racer on in the mornings in it's place. Sorry if I offended anybody, but the Speed Channel (a trademark of Fox) is really over-NASCARed as of lately. Show me the race, but don't make up programs that are nothing more than filler about the driver's lives and the such. That and I think they need a few more programs with Dave DeSpain in them. OK, I'm off my box now.

I used to love it when, in the mornings, they'd show the programs (non-NASCAR) that were on the previous evening. American Thunder, Car Crazy, MotorWeek, and even Hi-Rev Tuners were decent shows to watch while I ate my Frosted Flakes or Froot Loops.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'll agree with you, but Dave DeSpain has been asked SO many times about the over coverage of NASCAR. He says he does his best to give all types of racing coverage, but NASCAR is where the money is right now and where the money is, so goes the coverage. That's just the way it is in television.
And you gotta know that Speed is not gonna be as honest and fair as Dave. I've never watched Speedracer so I have no idea on that.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Hehehehehe

I think Speed Racer is what got me interested in cars and hot rodding many a year ago!! :eek:

I've been a fan for years! :thumbsup:

If I had the money, I'd have a Mach 5 kit car with a Pantera drivetrain. :D

http://www.speedracer.com/

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
When ou say overNASCARED man are you right, back when the season was goin, I often stay up late into teh night/ morning, well, when the speed channel comes back on, 4am my time, totally nascar was on at 4, 5, 6, 7, and it may have been more than that, for at least hours, it was on every other half hour, freakin insane.

And as for Speed Racer, if I happen to be channel surfing, and catch part of it, I end up watching the whole episode, lol.

·
Registered
659 Posts
TOO MUCH FRICKIN NASCAR, man what happened to the F1 and WRC coverage, not to mention the CORR off road racing. oh yea, and JEFF GORDONS GHEY!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
Since it came on, i find myself watching speed racer whenever its on. Its only for a short while, atleast until the Bud Shootout:thumbsup:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I hate NASCAR and almost every other racing series but I'm totaly car crazy! I love all the garage shows/car shows on Speed and Spike like 2 Guys Garage, My Classic Car, Dream Car Garage, Popular Hot Rodding, Horsepower TV, American Muscle Car, Hot Rod Magazine TV and I also watch Car and Driver and MotorTrend. There are alot of ricer/tuner shows too like Hi-Rev Tuners and well I can't remember the others!

Speed Racer is super ghetto!

Jake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts