TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some good, clear cut info on Speedcals. There isn't much info (at least recent, quality) on them here. I'm looking for a way to get my speedometer correct after my 4.30 install last year. I'm running the highest tooth speedometer gear and it's not getting close to where it needs to be, which has caused tuning issues with the car last year. Obviously a speedcal is the best option.

Who has one? Where did you get it? Any info on hooking it up and setting it correctly?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Call up Dallas Mustangs and tell them the trans, gears etc and they should tell you the correct dip settings. They were great in helping me when I called.
I might pull mine out as I'm back to stock gears right now again, so may sell it soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got my from Blue Oval Chips and tried to call dallas mustang to get the right dip settings for it and they could not help me. so I just got a GPS that shows MPH and went from there.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I have had mine for quite a few years, don't recall where I got it. I have no issues with it. There is some online calculators that help you set up the switches, don't remember them either. They has been bang on for me...

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would need to put the stock speedo gear back in with one of these correct? Stock 3.08 speedo gear is...green...if I remember right...I think I still have mine.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I would need to put the stock speedo gear back in with one of these correct? Stock 3.08 speedo gear is...green...if I remember right...I think I still have mine.
I have the purple 21 tooth for 3.73's in mine...

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the purple 21 tooth for 3.73's in mine...
I forget what color gears I have around the garage. What I meant was I would just need to match up the gear to the "starting" gear ratio on the chart provided above, to the gears I have now. I just figured I could put the stock 3.08 gear in that I have laying around, and set the speedcal up as going from 3.08's to 4.30's.

MAIC - I'll get in touch with Alan and see what he says about the DD model.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have had mine since 2005 and Dallas Mustang cannot tell me how to set it up. The gentleman there was also very rude and insulting. I will never buy from them again. Waste of $100. Hope this helps.

Will

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I have had mine since 2005 and Dallas Mustang cannot tell me how to set it up. The gentleman there was also very rude and insulting. I will never buy from them again. Waste of $100. Hope this helps.

Will
I'll hear you. Is somewhat the same with the Dakota SGI-5. LOL
I will go back messing with it in a few week's, if all works out I make sure to do a write up or have a mod help me do a sticky.

-Maic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts