TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone, i just finished installing my new rebuilt pumpkin with 3.73s and was wondering if i needed a speedo gear change since i went from 3.27 to 3.73gears.. is it necessary to change the speedo gear or is 3.73s a small enough jump to where the computer will compensate?And if so what speedo gear do i need? oh and by the way, any other info for break in period since everything is new would be greatly appreciated...

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
just take it easy on the gears for about 500 miles or so....

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
you need the purple speedo gear. it needs to be swapped out or the speedo will be off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the quick replies...does anyone know how much gear lube i have to put it in? I think i"ve read somewhere that 2bottles should be good or atleast till it overflows out of the overfil hole? is that correct? and how much friction modifier is needed if i use lucas full synthetic for lsd applications?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Go to the ford dealer and pick up two bottle of their lube and a bottle of Ford friction modifier. While you are there pick up a purple speedo gear (21 tooth); they only run about $5 last I checked.

-Miller

1 - 6 of 6 Posts