TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

figured I'd venture over here to ask this question as Im having a hard time finding out the answer. You guys have tons of tech stuff so here goes.

what year Fords ran this speed sensor? and where can I get the plug that will plug into it??? I need to run this sensor in my new trans and just want the plug to tie into my existing harness so I have a speedometer. this sensor was ordered from Ford as a '98 Cobra speedo sensor. However, Ford does not carry the part that plugs into it so the search is on! thanks alot for any info you have

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ford those carry the little wire harness for that I dont know the part # but they have a catalog with different wire connectors that are in order of 1 pin to 18 pins I think u need to look at the one for two and I know I worked at a ford dealership for 6 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford those carry the little wire harness for that I dont know the part # but they have a catalog with different wire connectors that are in order of 1 pin to 18 pins I think u need to look at the one for two and I know I worked at a ford dealership for 6 years.
hmm...I asked when I ordered the sensor and they said the harness was discontinued and he saw nothing else for it. thanks.

anyone else?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Why would you need to run a VSS on that car? It's going to take some program changes that are not the norm to get that to work.

Your car uses the OSS sensor for the speedo info. It will still take a program change, but its a simple single number change. I would plug the hole for the VSS either wih that sensor you have there or the proper plug and do it the right way for your car.

Darrin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would you need to run a VSS on that car? It's going to take some program changes that are not the norm to get that to work.

Your car uses the OSS sensor for the speedo info. It will still take a program change, but its a simple single number change. I would plug the hole for the VSS either wih that sensor you have there or the proper plug and do it the right way for your car.

Darrin
what is the right way? I was told by many to get this sensor. its a C4

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
i may have an extra trans harness if you need it. from a 97 3.8l 4r70w. pretty sure that pigtail is on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I am definitely wrong. I just figured that since it was on this forum that you likely had a 4R70W in the car.

Carry on. LOL

Darrin
ahh ok...yea...DID have the 4r in there. trying something new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait... I might just be an idiot and not know this already, or maybe I'm just an idiot and misunderstanding... a C4 will bolt up to a 4.6?
yes sir....with the right bellhousing.

on the topic at hand...i got my t-56 harness today and wouldnt you know it...the t-56 plugs fits this sensor.

now to figur eout the neutral safety switch...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts