TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause the needle to not work, but the odometer to work normally? I got my car back together on Tuesday and rolling again yesterday, and I found that the speedometer was dead. I initially thought it was related to my PCM swap (04 PCM swapped in), as I had left the VSS disconnected and hooked the PCM's VSS output up to the VSS wire for the car (I want to drive the speedometer off the PCM so I don't have to worry about messing with the plastic gears if/when I do a gear swap as I'm at the last reliable gear I can use with 3.27's and an 8 tooth output shaft; the gear for 3.73's and above doesn't last). When that didn't work, I disconnected that wire and connected the VSS. Well, still no work. That was last night. I had a thought this morning: If the cruise control works, then the VSS signal is working. Well, cruise does work. Then on my way back from giving it a few gallons of fuel so it wouldn't run out while I'm working the bugs out, I noticed that the odometer was rolling over like normal. So it appears to not be a VSS issue, but a gauge issue. What should I check?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts