TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum and haven't quite found the answer to my problem. My speedometer has been spotty for quite some time now. When I take off from a light, the speedo doesn't move. Then it shoots up to 25 mph, then 40 mph, etc. When I stop, it says I'm I'm doing 35 mph. Then, it gets normal. Now, my odometer is acting up. Both the trip and regular odometer stopped working. The gears are stripped?? NOPE! The odometers started working again the next day. I drive another 160 miles, and they stop again. It seems like every time the odometer stops, the next time I start the car up, all seems fine. The only thing that seems to fit is the vehicle speed sensor, but I've also read to the contrary. It definitely seems like a sensor problem somewhere. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah, why would you post this in a different section on the same boards, then post it here? It's not like you're going to get a different set of people.

Did you even try doing what ChrisW01 suggested?

Also, I had a similar problem. I just kept driving and it went away on its own within a few days. :tongue:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a instrument cluster I can sell you. The only problem is that the tach doesnt work. You can swap it out with the one you have but you have to disassemble the cluster a little. let me know if your interested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.