TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my original idea was to spend some money and get a 5.0L and a t-5 tranny for my car, eventually....with a few modifications. but...what if i spent that money on my 3.8..like a vortec supercharger, heads, intake, cam, etc...would it be worth it? or should i just get the 5.0? Gimme your opinions :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
id say stick with the 3.8 and hook it up, theirs not that many out there only rancherlee, and almost everyone has a 5.0, in my opinion i like to be different, plus it takes a lot more ballz to hook up a 3.8.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well...

this wont happen for a LONG time...so more ppl will have the vortec prolly...but still

·
Registered
801 Posts
dude the way i see it is.

1. "OH crap its a 3.8!!!!!!?????? that fast??????"

or

2. "oh its just another 5.0"

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If I was going to swap for a 5.0L I wouldn't stop there, I would jump to a 351W stroked to a 393 which is easy and cheap to do with a 351W, would fit under the hood also with a cobra style hood.

I wouldn't ask other people what they think, Just do what YOU really want to do. Research both options then decide.

·
Registered
801 Posts
thats right do what you think is best, its your car dude.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rancherlee said:
If I was going to swap for a 5.0L I wouldn't stop there, I would jump to a 351W stroked to a 393 which is easy and cheap to do with a 351W, would fit under the hood also with a cobra style hood.
how much would that cost, roughly? All in all, i was figuring about $7,000 for the 5.0 swap and all the mods, depending on the labor costs.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
well a 393 stroker crank is only 359$ and you use stock pin hight 302 pistons on the stock 351W rods, pretty cheap for an extra 43 cubes

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
ytea, do what you want.. there are a lot of options out there. me, im going with a whole new driveline. as much as i would love to get a 5.0 cammer, i dont want that high of a compression ratio. what i plan on doing is... boring out a 4.6 dohc to 5.0, and just giving that thing the works. including a blower.. i think id be able to squeeze out more power than that crate cammer is rated at. and mate that with a beefed up t-45 and 3.55 gears.. hehehehe..... *sploge*.. that, and no one that i know of has put a mod motor in a gen1 mn12. -greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts