TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a half day at the strip at the LVMS the final results show that the spiralmax LOST, on average, .04s on the 1/4 mi times. The spiralmax DOES NOT WORK! It lost time. It slowed down the car. So, you guys were right but now I have the actual proof. You can spread it as the gospel truth.

Thundercat

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I think what most of us was erked about is that it didn't require proof to know that Spiralmax is BS. It only takes common sense. I don't need someone to jump off a cliff for me to tell me that it hurts-- but I already know it does. Again, just common sense.

In in the name of all of those who are morbidly curious about this sort of device, thankyou.

PJ

PS-- Now can we consider the Spiralmax topic a waste of time? I hope nobody posts about this again...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
if it was .04, it means it didn't matter. .04 is like a tenth of very best reaction time (yeah I know its not used in ET) so we know it doesn't hurt performance.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
GreenBird said:
if it was .04, it means it didn't matter. .04 is like a tenth of very best reaction time (yeah I know its not used in ET) so we know it doesn't hurt performance.
.04 does matter. .04 is the difference between breaking out and not breaking out, its the difference between my 15.01 and a 14 second pass.

slower is slower no matter which way you cut it, beit .04 or 4.0 the only question is how consistantly slower it was. these cars are usually pretty consistant, so a .04 difference, though small, is indeed slower. ive run 5 consecutive 15.01's, so a .04 difference is not so small.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What is the spiralmax? I believe it was one of those gimick devices on ebay right? But what does it do and where does it go. I assume somewhere in the intake to spiral the air.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
J-Rob said:

.04 does matter. .04 is the difference between breaking out and not breaking out, its the difference between my 15.01 and a 14 second pass.

slower is slower no matter which way you cut it, beit .04 or 4.0 the only question is how consistantly slower it was. these cars are usually pretty consistant, so a .04 difference, though small, is indeed slower. ive run 5 consecutive 15.01's, so a .04 difference is not so small.
yeah, it does depend on how consistent his runs were. if his run varied by more than .1 I'd say it's safe to assume it didn't matter.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
So are you going to sue for false advertisement? Or at least get your money back?
You know, you could let them know that you will keep your mouth shut for a nominal fee..heh heh heh.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
TC felt I was harsh when he first posted on the Spiralmax.....

PJ-4.2L said:
I think what most of us was erked about is that it didn't require proof to know that Spiralmax is BS. It only takes common sense. I don't need someone to jump off a cliff for me to tell me that it hurts-- but I already know it does. Again, just common sense.

In in the name of all of those who are morbidly curious about this sort of device, thankyou.

PJ

PS-- Now can we consider the Spiralmax topic a waste of time? I hope nobody posts about this again...
Here's what I told him:

Brian -

Sorry to hear about the outcome of your Spiralmax test series.
Didn't mean to be to rough on you, unfortunately the tension
between old guard and new members is an on going thing.

We really DO know what we're talking about - and we
police each other (most of the time) as "harshly" as as we
do "newbies" that want to argue over what we tell them.

As Dr. Phil says..."Why ask the question, if you are not prepared
to listen to and understand my answer?" No criticism (this
time) ...your candor is appreciated.

When you answer the same question a dozen times a year, you get
to the point where you really don't care whether your answer is
liked or not...you know it's right and if it helps someone - that's
great, as that's the reason for the board in the first place - but you
you really have no patience to argue with some one who's coming
from a position of ignorance and who's telling you you're wrong -
you'll be there yourself one day on this board and you'll find that
your patience will only go so far. It is for precisely this reason
we have lost the most technically proficient of our members in
the past year - we're not infallable, but you'll find that going with
the info provided on this site will, overall, save you HUGE
amounts of wasted time, money, and frustration. I know this is
true as I, as a newbie, listened and followed the advice given
to me and ended up with a very strong running 'Bird without
having to retrace my steps even once.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah, they've been trying that stuff since the 70's. They flat out, don't work. I think now they also make an exaust tip spiral that claims to improve gas/hp... lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts