TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 3.8L split port i may be able to get my hands on for pretty cheap. It looks like it came out of windstar because of the bolt pattern for the trans and the size of the flexplate.

What I want to know could I install all of the internals into a T-bird block?.....like a 96 block? By internals I mean everything crank, rods, pistons, ect... I ask cause my friend has a 96 with a noise which sounds like a wrist pin and this would be easier (if its possible) than to rebuild what he has, because this motor was never put into a car!

Thnaks for any help

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I'm not sure if the windstar main bearing is different or not. rods would work though. I wouldn't reuse old pistons in a different block.
-Thomas

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
mint93SC said:
because this motor was never put into a car!
:D

I know you're just asking about the internals, but swapping that entire engine into a 96 wouldn't be too difficult, since you already have DIS. I had to go through the trouble of installing/wiring up a DIS system for my 94 LX.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The FWD block has different mounting points. And the block is shaped a little differently, and some of the external maching is different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts