TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my Splitport in for a couple months but have not worked on it too much because of the cold (no garage :mad: ). Anyways, the only problem is its running rich. From info here and on the forums over at V6power.net, I believed a 2000 3.8 came with 19 lb injectors. With an adjustable pressure regulator I should have been able to get them down to 16 lbs. But even with the lowered pressure it was still rich.
The injector's part number YR3E-A4A did not come up on the web and the dealership was no help in determining the flow rating. I then called fiveomotorsport and he told me those are 24 lb and that he believes all 2000 and later 3.8s are 24 lb. So now I have to get some 19 pounders off eBay. I need the newer style injector because I changed the connectors on the harness to the new style.
So for everyone's information, the black injectors with the yellow band are 24 lb/hr. I think. :confused:

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
I thought the splitports came with 21#ers.

Joe

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
so are you trying to run this on a stock computer then and thats why you're hacing problems? If that's the case just swap your stock 14# injectors on. The split-port came with 19#'s. If you lower the fuel pressure the only thing you're going to do is lose fuel at high RPM, run lean, and melt a piston. Keep your fuel pressure up around stock level or a few lbs until you can get a tune.
-Thomas

tan top - 14#
orange top - 19#
light blue - 24#
red - 30#
dark blue - 36#
bright green - 42#

1 - 3 of 3 Posts