TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright for you guys that have done the swap before, I have a couple questions. Well I have a remanufactured 3.8 with about 10k that was already put in the car, so I would not be getting like a complete 99 stang engine or anything. Well are there any other parts/pieces that i might need to complete the swap, besides these here? My bird is a 95 with the distributor.
All parts are from a 99' Mustang 3.8 (Non-IMRC)

Upper Intake (+ Bolts, ThrottleBody)
Lower Intake (+ Bolts, Sensors)
Cylinder Heads W/ Rockers and Pushrods (Stock Never milled)
Front Timing Cover and Correct Water Pump (Timing cover & Oil Pump is 1 year old) Water Pump is 2 years old.
Return Style Fuel Rail (E-150 Style) Modified to Clear a Distributor
Heater Tube (needs new O-Ring)

Any input would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I believe that should be it. Just ask Splitportbird who is selling those items. He's done the swap before I believe. Of course you're gonna need gaskets and everything also. That's a given!

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
EGR tube

Joe

·
Registered
955 Posts
one thing that i noticed when i did my split port swap is that i needed alot of new hoses. especially for the pcv set up( i'd recommend bypassing it with breathers or making your own or finding one from a junk yard). i also cracked the timing cover and had to get a junk yard one. the 95 taurus has more flow then our 3.8L's. the 99 mustang fuel rail does work with our distributer's. its just a really tight fit. but if your on a budget it can work, just be patient and dont muscle **** it out. i got a CAI from a mustang that put the filter in the wheelwell for like 25.00 on ebay and used my K&N filter. you cant find a whellwell kit for our cars very easy either. ummmmm what else. i also had to add some wires for the injetors and for some sensor's. mostly for the o2 sensors and sensors that are on the throttle body. other than that its not bad. just take your time and don't overlook anything. if your second guessing yourself, go back and do it. it makes it easier in the long run... hope this helps a little

1 - 4 of 4 Posts