TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i'm really thinking about removing my spoiler because i personally luv the no spoiler look on our birds. With that said i'm wondering if anyone here has taken it off and for a time used something to fill in the holes temporarily because i wouldnt get a new trunk lid probably for another month or more. If so what did u use to seal it. Also would i get pulled over for not having the 3rd brake light??

thanks

-Matt-

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
MattsLE97 said:
Guys i'm really thinking about removing my spoiler because i personally luv the no spoiler look on our birds. With that said i'm wondering if anyone here has taken it off and for a time used something to fill in the holes temporarily because i wouldnt get a new trunk lid probably for another month or more. If so what did u use to seal it. Also would i get pulled over for not having the 3rd brake light??

thanks

-Matt-
I don’t think they'll pull you over, but call your local PD and ask, not sure on the holes...........clear tape, the kind that won’t leave a sticky residue?

·
Registered
962 Posts
OxmanWI said:
I don’t think they'll pull you over, but call your local PD and ask, not sure on the holes...........clear tape, the kind that won’t leave a sticky residue?

Alas young one....cars back in da day...did not have a third light.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The best bet would be to find someone who can weld sheet metal.. have them fill in the holes the spoiler would leave behind. Then, once that's smoothed out.. take the deck lid to a body shop and either have them fill the spots smooth, if they're still rough after welding/grinding and let them paint it.. should look good as new... and last some amount of time.

Now that I read "temporarily".. you could try getting some red electrical tape and plop some over the holes until you're ready.

·
Registered
249 Posts
MattsLE97 said:
i'm wondering if anyone here has taken it off and for a time used something to fill in the holes temporarily
Well I do not think you need to get a new trunk lid....try going here and click the "Removing the oval Ford Logo".

I was thinking about doing removing the ford decal but if you do it will leave 2 small holes. This should be the same as when the spoiler leaves its holes just a little bigger from what i remember at the junkyard when I saw one with a ripped off spoiler.

to quote the article.

"Cover the back of the hole with self-stick metal reinforced mesh (it comes with some Bondo kits)."

·
Registered
138 Posts
A temporary fix could be to just to get a bolt with some silicone and drop them in over the holes. Maybe a carriage bolt with the rounded head. That will keep the water out til you get your new trunk lid. You might find someone on here close to you with the same color thats looking to buy a spoiler. You could swap trunk lids as part of the deal.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Matt,

I can get my GFs dad to weld it closed and repaint it for alot cheaper than a new lid. Send me a PM or AIM me if your interested.

·
Registered
250 Posts
just take it to a bodyshop, if a bodyshop cant fix holes in a decklid from a spoiler i wouldnt want them to touch anything, pretty simple repair, good luck

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope im actually just gonna keep it on. I put some sealant in it so it shouldnt leak at least for now thanks for the replies guys

-Matt-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts