TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just put the spoiler on my 96 bird. Im not reall sure what it is off of but it looked good and cant beat free with a stick. let me know what you think and if you can identify the thing.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Early-mid 80's Firebird (Trans Am) My first wife had one. They actually fit the T-birds pretty well.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought it fit well. it barely sits over the deck lid jam. its a nice set-up, but i might just take the spacers and cut them in half to get her to set alittle lower

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
the problem with most of the junkyard find OEM spoilers people put on these cars is they all seem to sit at an odd reclined angle due to the slope of the t-bird's trunk. That just doesn't look right to me...

It you cut it try to fix the angle so it sits more level would be my suggestion. also unless your getting it painted soon it baffles me why you would bolt a maroonish colored spoiler on?

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lmao the whole car will be painted as soon as the engine is done. notice the front end? its green

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea the whole dog house is new

·
Registered
958 Posts
i had a 91 firebird and i took the spoiler and put it on my old 85 toyota corolla (for shtz n' giggles of course) and ended up selling the car to my gfs mom when i got the bird up n' runnin'.........was gonna get the spoiler back but they ended up selling the car and now i know how good it would have looked on my bird.:mad:

p.s. i would say between 89-92 firebird spoiler to answer your question

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kk ill look into it this afternoon and maybe get it knocked down and angled right

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright so i just went out and took a level and a tape measurer and from the front of that spoiler to the rear we have a 3/4 inch dif to make it level. another factor is the engine is still not in the car. idk how big a dif that will make on the rear. any idea? i want the full details before i lop off my pedestools

1 - 11 of 11 Posts