TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting my stock sport rims on my bird painted gunmetal. How do you think it would look??? Thanks!!!

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Is your 'bird silver frost? I think it could look awesome.
I have a silver '96 XR7. I bought a set of 7-spokes with the intention of painting them black or gunmetal, but I then found a set of LS wheels and used them instead.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, its silver frost. I thought of black too but thought it might look a little to dark.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Yeah, the silver lip makes for a nice contrast.

I'm waiting for the porkchop guy to come in here and post 18 blurry pictures of his car. ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks great with the silver lip!!!!!!!!!!! Did you paint them youself?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
cougarcragar said:
I'm waiting for porkchop to come in here and post 18 blurry pictures of his car. ;)
hey let me tell you i have a new camera now why thank you. and yes the lip of the rim should accent the car somewhat.

-Mike

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
i taped off the lip and trimmed very carefully with a small knife. thats why it took so long. i covered the tires with newspaper and tape and sprayed away.

i think black would look better for your car, jordon. i would like to redo mine in black.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
dont paint them, powdercoat them.

www.pendrypowdercoatings.com

Pm Rich95XR7 about having him powdercoat your rims, the finish is more durable and cleaner than paint.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
i guess it just depends on what color car you have. on white silver or black the black with silver lip would look good. any other color should use maybe a lighter gray like mike's car. black on black with black tint is the way to go with black birds

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
got a '93 LX... was thinking of paintingh my rims black, got the maroon/red coor tbird. anyone know the steps u took to paint them and what materials u got and where i can pick them up?

thanks

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
smitty2919 said:
got a '93 LX... was thinking of paintingh my rims black, got the maroon/red coor tbird. anyone know the steps u took to paint them and what materials u got and where i can pick them up?

thanks
did my pm's not help any? ;) you will need the paint you want to paint them with, clear spraypaint, wide masking tape, a small sharp knife, scotch brite pads, and newspaper. i got everything at walmart.

do this one wheel at a time. take one off, and clean it off with a scotch brite pad. this will scuff up the wheel some and make the paint stick better. mask off the lip with strips of tape, and saw through the tape neatly with a small knife. cover up the tires with newspaper and more tape. lay newspaper down, place the wheel on it. two coats of black or whatever color, let dry 15-20 mins in between coats. repeat with clear spraypaint.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts