TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to replace all 4 shocks in a few weeks. The suspension doesn't seem as tight as it used to be and the car turned over 100K a few months ago.

I'm planning to use Motorcraft shocks. I have read that some people are using the sport shocks for the front and Cobra shocks for the rear.

How many people have done this without the sport springs? I read that the shocks might wear out faster without switching to sport or lowering springs. How much stiffer is the ride with the sport shocks?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'd suggest getting some sport springs since they can be found for $50 a set, and you'd have to remove the front springs anyway. Yes the sport shocks would wear out faster w/ lx springs.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I tried to look up the sport shocks on autozone.com the other day and the PN for '97 v8 is same as '94 v8. It never asked me about sport package or rotor size. I replaced mine with Monroe Sensatracs and SC springs. Are sport shocks superior to mine in handling? Thanks
-Rob

·
11,719 Posts
Rob said:
I tried to look up the sport shocks on autozone.com the other day and the PN for '97 v8 is same as '94 v8. It never asked me about sport package or rotor size. I replaced mine with Monroe Sensatracs and SC springs. Are sport shocks superior to mine in handling? Thanks
-Rob
I've heard complaints about the sensatracs. The "reflex" by monroe is supposed to be more like the sport shocks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
GreenBird said:
I'd suggest getting some sport springs since they can be found for $50 a set, and you'd have to remove the front springs anyway. Yes the sport shocks would wear out faster w/ lx springs.
I would love to know where you can get them for that price. I just ordered the shocks but have to wait to get the springs untill save more $$.

Chris Sr.
96 Lx

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I would recomend the reflex shocks by monroe. Monroe has discontinued them but supplies are still available. A1shocks.com has themfor 200.00 for a set front and rear. The sensetracks are way too soft. they are the type of shock that a old person would put on there car to absorob a small bump that there hip would shatter it they hit anything bigger than a bottle cap.

The reflex are firm but it you hit a big bump they instantly get softer for a milisecond to abosob the bump with out beating your guts out like most performance shocks.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got a complete set of SuperCoupe springs. The fronts still have the SC shocks on them. I'd just like to break even on them. Give me a zip code and I'll find out what shipping is. I'll sell you everything for 100.00 shipped.

·
11,719 Posts
Chris Sr. said:

I would love to know where you can get them for that price. I just ordered the shocks but have to wait to get the springs untill save more $$.

Chris Sr.
96 Lx
http://car-part.com or like traveler, there are plenty on here and sccoa.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
On my 92 i put the Monroe Sensa-tracs on the front and back, it rode and handled good but about a month later the front right strut was leaking......

So i put the Monroe Reflexes on the front, WOW what a dfference! The Reflexes are 100% stiffer it feels like.

Just letting you know my expirences.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts