TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the current pick on what gets the car closest to the sport suspension settings? I am looking into new shocks/coils and want to convert it to something resembling the sport model. Part numbers and links would be appreciated. I plan on running cobra rear shocks on my vehicle.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
What is the current pick on what gets the car closest to the sport suspension settings? I am looking into new shocks/coils and want to convert it to something resembling the sport model. Part numbers and links would be appreciated. I plan on running cobra rear shocks on my vehicle.
Why not go bigger and better-stock sport pkg wasn't all too hot over stock LX - go with cobra vert rear shocks, Joni adjustable front shocks, vogtland springs, ADDCO sway bars...that would be a nice setup (I don't know if any of those parts are still available new)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not go bigger and better-stock sport pkg wasn't all too hot over stock LX - go with cobra vert rear shocks, Joni adjustable front shocks, vogtland springs, ADDCO sway bars...that would be a nice setup (I don't know if any of those parts are still available new)
Mainly cost.

·
Super Moderator
7,654 Posts
For a comfortable ride and good handling on a daily driver, I would suggest Eibach springs and Tokico Blue shocks, if you can get a hold of them. If you don't want the car lowered, then stock Sport or SC springs are actually stiffer than the Eibachs. As for sway bars, early SC sway bars are plenty for a street car, but you would have to buy a set from someone parting out a car, and for the price, it may be worth going with the smaller of the Addco bars.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a comfortable ride and good handling on a daily driver, I would suggest Eibach springs and Tokico Blue shocks, if you can get a hold of them. If you don't want the car lowered, then stock Sport or SC springs are actually stiffer than the Eibachs. As for sway bars, early SC sway bars are plenty for a street car, but you would have to buy a set from someone parting out a car, and for the price, it may be worth going with the smaller of the Addco bars.
Where can i get stock springs?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,517 Posts
From a car being parted out? They're not available new.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong - But from what I have found the only "performance" shocks for the front, are the Tokico Blue. They are hard to find; I don't think those are being made any more.

That seems to be the biggest hang up. All the other pars are still possible to track down.

I had a hell of a time finding anything for front shocks.

·
Super Moderator
5,117 Posts
Good news, Kenz - they're being assembled in the USA again.

Bad news, Kenz - the backlog is probably about five or six years out.

Good news, Kenz - if you get on the list, you can get them quicker since a lot of the "buyers" are waiting to be able to buy ratneow!!

RwP

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,654 Posts
Gordon, how long ago did you get the shocks from them? If it was recently, that is good info for anyone who needs shocks, since a lot of places still list them on the site, but don't actually have them in stock.

·
Super Moderator
5,117 Posts
I believe Victor at www.spinningwheels-sc.com and possibly Bill at www.supercoupeperformance.com have been having the Tokiko Blues on and off as they're available - the new US distributor is busy assembling those, and other models, and trying to catch up on the backlog.

You'll have to email Victor and see what the stocking situation is. Bill has it posted on his website main page.

RwP

·
Registered
484 Posts
I think I got mine a couple months ago. I did use their live support and asked for any discount and got 15% off.

·
Registered
484 Posts
They are showing 20% off for Father's day but I recommend using the live chat to have them check stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts