TCCoA Forums banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,727 Posts
Wasn't sure if I should put this here, or in the chatbox thread... I decided to put it here. :)

Of all the bad that 2020 has been, there have been a few good things going on behind the scenes. I doubt it'll proceed without delays and actually happen on schedule, but in the next year we could see this beast lift off and send the flight capsule around the moon, ala Apollo 8 (but unmanned).

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
$17B for SLS?!

And the primary stage booster looks like a copy and paste from the Space Shuttle. And the engines are from the Space Shuttle. How is this $17B?

Musk / SpaceX could have done it for under $5B, I bet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
$17B for SLS?!

And the primary stage booster looks like a copy and paste from the Space Shuttle. And the engines are from the Space Shuttle. How is this $17B?

Musk / SpaceX could have done it for under $5B, I bet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I'm so with you on this one! What a waste of money. But hey it's gub'mint taxpayer dollars. WTF do they care as long as the politicians are fattening their districts pockets. Fraud, waste and abuse ... as always.

Thanks for the link though Brandon. It'll be interesting to watch. I've been watching Boca Chica, TX very closely. The Starship development is moving at quite a pace as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
SpaceX Crew-1 Mission Launch Live Feed tonight.

Launch scheduled for ~ 7:25 PM EST.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,289 Posts
It looked like a match in the sky from my house.

Reactions: Trunk Monkey
121 - 125 of 125 Posts