TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make sure you remove the spout connector before setting timing!!! That spout connector is pretty hard to locate on the wiring harness, Its just a little plug taped into the wiring along the left hand side by the plug where you check your codes.

If you change the timing without removing that little plug you might as well be doing nothing at all.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
foobarbigtime said:
That spout connector is pretty hard to locate on the wiring harness, Its just a little plug taped into the wiring along the left hand side by the plug where you check your codes.
tada spout connectors to check your timing!! its called needle nose pliers and 5 seconds, and yes dont check your timing without pulling one of those.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Porkchop2oo2 said:
tada spout connectors to check your timing!! its called needle nose pliers and 5 seconds, and yes dont check your timing without pulling one of those.

Is there two of those connectors to unplug or just one? I just found one.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
you only pull one. they are both supposed to be there. i forgot which one to pull but you will figure it out. pull one and if the idle doesnt drop/change then try the other one

·
Registered
825 Posts
master486 said:
If you leave the SPOUT connector off the computer won't advance the timing as you drive. Needless to say, less power, lower mileage, and less money because of the aforementioned.
my car don't run right with it in:confused: :confused: i think my timing is off a hair:(

·
Registered
955 Posts
Domesticbird said:

I am confused here. my set up looks exactly like the above picture in my 94xr7. what are you talking about removing...spout connector?? is it the that black thing inside the connector.....can someone clarify....im dense!!:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts