TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '97 Tbird with the 3.8, and I was wondering what exactly the spout connector/pin does. My car has the connector but does not have the pin in it. I ran a search for it and all i could come up with was where it goes. What exactly does it do, and why did my '97 not have the pin in the connector? What would it do if I were to put a pin in there? Will it affect timing on its own by having the plug in there versus having it out, or is it meant only to be used as a tool to assist in adjusting the timing? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think I did, but I am not sure, I could just be imagining it through wishful thinking lol. I am just trying to figure out what exactly it is/does and how it works lol. I am very analytical like that.

·
5,650 Posts
The SPOUT connector when connected allows the computer to advance the timing. It needs to be disconnected to set the timing, but on your car there is no distributor so the timing is controlled by the computer. But there is still a SPOUT connector so that the timing can be checked. With it unplugged, your car should feel pretty sluggish.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Master486. I was kinda wondering what exactly it did and whether my car came without the plug for a reason, and apparently it did not really have a reason for not having one lol. And thank you, SplitPortBird for the plug, I just assumed that the connector went to something that was present in earlier birds but not in the '97 "parts bin special" birds lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts