TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going to offer some feedback on my spring/shock combo that I put on right before christmas break was over. I put on Suspension techniques springs (1.5" drop), revalved front bilstein shocks, regular rear bilsteins, and Air lift air bags. The install was straight forward and I used the instructions from MN12Performance.com to help me as a reference. The car didn't immediately drop in the rear but it has come down now after about 2 weeks of driving. I actually liked the slightly raked look, but oh well. I had sport springs and monroe sensatracs on the car before and it handled pretty well, but was unstable at fast speeds and bouncy through areas with large dips. The new combo was a VAST improvement. The car no longer had the bouncy feel. The linear spring rate made the initial turn-in feel better than before. I would recommend this setup to anyone that wants a better handling and (believe it or not) smoother riding car. This is just a stepping stone in the path I am taking to make the car handle better. I would like to take a ride in someones car (that lives near me TN,GA,NC,AL,KY,SC) that has 1 1/4 f/r or 1 3/8 f/r addco swaybars. I have pretty much decided what I am going with but I would like to confirm my decision. I will post pics if someone wants to post the pics for me b/c when I try to put pics in my folder it tells me "not a true jpeg" and it won't put them in my file.

ST springs: $189
Bilsteins: $374
Air bags: $ 65
$628

Worth the money to me!

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one has a reply? Or wants to take me for a ride? Maybe the suspension section is just a very slow moving section. I am about to get ready to start on engine mods maybe I will get a better response in that section.:D

Russell

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent you email Rob. Does anyone know where I could do some skidpad testing at? I would like to measure how well it sticks at various points in my upgrading.

Russell

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I just put on my Suspension techniques springs, and KYB Gr-2 shocks, It looks so much better, and handles wayyyy better!
I'll try and post soem pics later.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
97Tibirdman said:
I just put on my Suspension techniques springs, and KYB Gr-2 shicks, I looks so much better, and handles wayyyy better!
I'll try and post soem pics later.
97Tibirdman,

Did you put anything else on? I also meant to put that I put the rear poly shock mount kit in that Rich offers (MN12 performance). I don't know how much of a difference that specific part made since I put so much on at once. If you want you can post your pics and a write up on this thread since there isn't much going on here.

Russell

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
No, but my shocks came with new mounts, oh and the pics may be a while it is so cold here I can't get my car washed, right now it about 0 out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I FINALLY figured out that the images off of the digital camera were just too big and needed to be resized before they could be put on the directory. So with that said here is a pic.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That looks Great! I'll try to get pics of mine as soon as possible, I think yours sit a lilttle lower than mine.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it could also be the angle I took the pic at. I might try to take another one here in a couple of days when she is cleaned up. I'll probably post two more pics later. How long have you had your springs on? The front was pretty low but the back still has a mild raked look to it. It is probably b/c of the stock height endlinks, but shorter ones will be one the way soon.

Russell

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I put mine on about 2-3 weeks ago, mine has the raked look too. I like it. I don't know when but I will have pics!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
96bird said:
I would like to take a ride in someones car (that lives near me TN,GA,NC,AL,KY,SC) that has 1 3/8 f/r addco swaybars.
Russell
Meet me in Atlana a month or so, and I'll be happy to take you for a ride. Best hang on tight!!!

-mike

·
Registered
210 Posts
Russell----------------->:gapteeth:LOL after Goldbird run

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FLABIRD said:
Russell----------------->:gapteeth:LOL after Goldbird run

:uppoint:

Let me know when you plan on coming up Mike. I don't mind meeting up. As long as it isn't between March 11-21 (spring break with my dad on the harley) then I will be ok. I just need a little bit of extra warning(2 weeks should be good) so I can get off of work.

Russell

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
96bird said:
As long as it isn't between March 11-21 (spring break with my dad on the harley) then I will be ok. I just need a little bit of extra warning(2 weeks should be good) so I can get off of work.
Russell
I'll let you know.. I should have plenty of notice. There is a break-in period after the build is done, and I won't be coming up 'til after that to pick her up. I might come up just to watch the tuning session.. I don't thing she'll be done in March, maybe at the end...

Rob,

After taking a ride in Dennis' Mark, I may make "Depends" a requirement for all passengers. :xpshame:

-mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts