TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, not the correct place for this, but this is where the 3.8 experts are. :)

I am doing a suspension rebuild and want to swap out the sprigs. The old ones are sagging.
Can I run a set of SC springs and still stay at stock height (I Don't want a drop)? Will the front end of the car be to raised?
Anyone do this?

Thanks!
Jim

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
man, sc springs raise a 4.6 car 1" You'll be sitting about 2" higher than stock.
-Thomas

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm.
I have seen SC springs on 4.6 cars before, side by side. No height change. They are the same as sport springs...

Anyone try this on a 3.8?

THanks for the reply!
Jim

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
JSGAuto said:
hmmm.
I have seen SC springs on 4.6 cars before, side by side. No height change. They are the same as sport springs...

Anyone try this on a 3.8?

THanks for the reply!
Jim
Ah, after some research it would appear you are right. I had seen weswing with his tbird that had swapped to SC springs and it sat quite high, but maybe something was binding in his supension...?

-Thomas

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that is a bit taller. It could also be the tire/rim combo. Maybe it is shorter then stock? Or maybe he shead a few pounds off the car.
Joust guessing.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
I was running SC springs on the rear of my 94 for a while. They definitely raised the car at least 1".

-Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts