TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.

First thing is that I have ran this by Sir William, and got the OK from him.

Alright here is the deal.

I'm doing some work with sprint now, and have gained access to their employee referral plans. I have some referrals to give. I thought I would post the deals up on here, as a service to the guys on Tccoa. If anybody is interested in getting a new cell phone with a good plan, shoot me a PM, and I'll take care of it for you.

Standard disclaimer applies. For everyone that signs up, I get 25 bucks, and the person who signs up gets 25 bucks. I'm not getting rich of this, its more to help some guys out on here.

When you sign up, I will direct you to a password protected sprint website, where you can order the phone, and the contract that you want, and they will fedex the phone and the contract to your home. The phone comes directly from sprint. If you already have a phone number, that you want to port to your new cell phone, they can handle that for you. If you have a landline that you want to turn into your cell phone, they can handle that port also.

All I ask in return is that you call a number within 7 days of getting your phone, and enter my referal phone number, so that both of us get the 25 bucks.

Here are the plans.

SPRINT PLAN #1
------------------------------------
Sprint Employee Referral Offer 500
Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free

- Unlimited Web access
- Unlimited email and instant messaging - AOL, MSN and Yahoo
- Unlimited Sprint PCS Picture Mail(sm) with Video Mail

Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes Starting At 7PM

Unlimited Mobile To Mobile Calling

Nationwide Long Distance

Crystal-Clear Calls

Voice Mail

Caller ID

Call Waiting

Numeric Paging

Three-Way Calling

Call Forwarding ($0.20/min)

Sprint PCS Directory Assistance ($1.40 per call, plus airtime)

Casual Text Messages ($0.15 per domestic message, or $5 for 100 texts, $10 for unlimited.)

Plan minutes are anytime minutes

Plan minutes are anytime minutes
Anytime Minutes Per Month 500
Weekend Minutes Unlimited Night & Weekends
Contract Term 2 years
Monthly Service Charge $30.00
Additional Minutes $5 for every 30 minutes for 501 - 800; Above 800 minutes, $0.20/min
Long Distance Charge $0.00
Roaming Charge $0.00/min - Included
Activation Fee $0.00
Early Termination Fee $200.00

-------------------------------------

SPRINT PLAN #2

Same as above, only 1250 peak minutes for $49.99/month.
---------------------------------------

SPRINT PLAN #3
Same as above, only 2500 peak minutes for $99.99/month

---------------------------------

NOTE- You can add a line, and share the minute for 9.99 extra per month.

--------------------------------

Phones..

When you sign up for a plan, you get to buy a phone at a discounted rate. Here are the current rates for the phones.

See Phones Images

Motorola KRZR K1m (Multimedia Phone)

* Elegantly Engineered With Distinctive Metallic Gloss Finish and Precision Touch Keypad
* Experience Streaming Sprint TV or Sprint Music Store With Power Vision Add-on Plan Feature
* Bluetooth Wireless Technology

$197.99

Samsung A900M (Multimedia Phone)

* Super-thin black shell is ultra chic
* Watch on-demand TV or listen to music via Sprint TV or Sprint Music Store

$29.99
--------------------------------------

Palm Treo 700wx (Multimedia Phone)

* First Treo For Sprint With Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
* Amazing Microsoft “Today” Screen Gives You Immediate Access To Current Info and Key Treo Functions

$249.99

---------------------------
Samsung A640 (Camera Phone)
Yes, VGA-quality (640 x 480 Pixel Resolution Max), Digital Zoom 3.2 oz
$0.00

Free

-------------------------------
Sanyo SCP-2400 Dark Bronze
No 3.5 oz
$19.99

---------------------------

Sanyo SCP-2400 Midnight Black
No 3.5 oz
$19.99

------------------------------

Sanyo SCP-2400 Misty Rose
No 3.5 oz
$19.99

--------------------------------

Sanyo SCP-2400 Silver Sky
No 3.5 oz
$19.99

------------------------------------

Sanyo SCP-2400 True Blue
No 3.5 oz
$19.99

Motorola RAZR V3m Gunmetal Gray (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixels (1280 x 1040 Pixel Resolution Max), 4x Digital Zoom 3.5 oz
$24.99

Samsung A900M (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixel (1280 x 1024 Pixel Resolution Max), Flash, 5x Digital Zoom, PictBridge Software 3.6 oz
$29.99
Motorola RAZR V3m Red (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixels (1280 x 1040 Pixel Resolution Max), 4x Digital Zoom 3.5 oz
$29.99
----------------------------------------
Sanyo Katana Mystic Black (Camera Phone)
Yes, VGA-quality (640 x 480 Pixels), Flash, Digital Zoom 3.4 oz
$49.99
-------------------------------------------
Sanyo Katana Blue Sapphire (Camera Phone)
Yes, VGA-quality (640 x 480 Pixels), Digital Zoom 3.4 oz
$49.99
Sanyo Katana Cherry Blossom Pink (Camera Phone)
Yes, VGA-quality (640 x 480 Pixels), Digital Zoom 3.4 oz
$49.99
------------------------------------------
LG Fusic LX550 (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixel Camera (1280 x 960 Pixel Resolution Max), Flash, 3x Digital Zoom, PictBridge Software 4.2 oz
$99.99
-----------------------------------------------
RIM BlackBerry 7130e
No 4.7 oz
$99.99
------------------------------------------------
Sanyo 8400 Black (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixels (1280 x 960 Pixel Resolution Max), LED Flash, Direct-to-printer PictBridge Support 3.7 oz
$99.99
------------------------------------------------
Sanyo 8400 Blue (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixels (1280 x 960 Pixel Resolution Max), LED Flash, Direct-to-printer PictBridge Support 3.7 oz
$99.99
Sanyo 8400 White (Multimedia Phone)
$99.99
Motorola Q (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixel Camera (1280 x 1040 Max Pixel Resolution), LED Flash 4.06 oz
$99.99
BlackBerry 8703e
No 4.7 oz
$149.99
Sanyo M1 (Multimedia Phone)
2.0 Megapixels (1600 x 1200 Pixel Resolution Max), LED Flash, Direct-to-printer PictBridge Support 4.2 oz
$166.99
Motorola KRZR K1m (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixels (1280 x 1040 Pixel Resolution Max), 4x Digital Zoom 3.6 oz
$197.99
-----------------------------------------
Palm Treo 700p (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixel Camera (1280 x 1024 Pixel Resolution Max), 2x Digital Zoom, Create and Edit Albums 6.40 oz
$249.99
-----------------------------------------
Palm Treo 700wx (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixel Camera (1280 x 1024 Pixel Resolution Max), 2x Digital Zoom, Edit Photo Album 6.40 oz
$249.99
---------------------------------------
Sprint PPC 6700 (Multimedia Phone)
1.3 Megapixel Camera (1280 x 1040 Pixel Resolution Max), LED Flash, Digital Zoom 6.6 oz
$288.99
Samsung IP-830 (Multimedia Phone)
No 6.44 oz
$349.99

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anybody wants the nextel plans, shoot me a pm or whatever and I'll post them. I'm just too pooped from editing all that formatted text for the sprint plans, lol.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just thought I'd point out here, Sprint is CDMA Technology. Its a way better signal then GSM, Which is what T-mobile and Cingular uses.

The plans ehre are a good deal. For phones I reccomend the Razr or Krzr. Both are really nice phones. I have the v3m with verizon.

Sprint is also going to start rolling out Wimax, a new Broadband service with their phones for fast content delivery.

For PDAs, I reccomend the Motorola Q, Treowx, or 6700 Audiovox.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow, those are amazing deals. I just bought the LG Fusic for a little over $200. My plan includes...

$34.99 Plan(400 any time minutes)
unlimited nights and weekends after 9 pm
$15.00 for unlimited texts
$5.00 for picture mail
Plus Vision is supposed to be $15.00 for unlimted

total: $70.00

I got the bill yesterday... $104.99, they charged me 49.99 for vision.

I'm slightly pissed, but for what i pay and what i'm getting, those plans are amazing.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
verizon has also dropped evdo rev. a... i wont point out my dislike for sprint out of respect.. well i guess not elaborate on it. but the plans and everything sound great. fortunately i have verizon. aaand.. i work for verizon. lol. so i get my phone free. cant beat free with a stick. and if anyone is interested, i have a pair of samsung a900 phones for sale if anyone wants them.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
verizon has also dropped evdo rev. a... i wont point out my dislike for sprint out of respect.. well i guess not elaborate on it. but the plans and everything sound great. fortunately i have verizon. aaand.. i work for verizon. lol. so i get my phone free. cant beat free with a stick. and if anyone is interested, i have a pair of samsung a900 phones for sale if anyone wants them.
Phones go for big bucks on ebay dude, just check with the carrier and make sure you can transfer them to another person.

Say that in the auction, and you'll get a good deal.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i've been with sprint for the past 5 years and get 2400 day min. unlimited everything 7pm-7am and weekends free. this is between 2 phones too!!! my bill is 105.00 a month ......52.50 each phone.......

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, those are amazing deals. I just bought the LG Fusic for a little over $200. My plan includes...

$34.99 Plan(400 any time minutes)
unlimited nights and weekends after 9 pm
$15.00 for unlimited texts
$5.00 for picture mail
Plus Vision is supposed to be $15.00 for unlimted

total: $70.00

I got the bill yesterday... $104.99, they charged me 49.99 for vision.

I'm slightly pissed, but for what i pay and what i'm getting, those plans are amazing.
Sorry to hear that. Call sprint and see if they will let you buy another plan, then cancel the old one without an ETF fee.

They might let you go, as they aren't losing you as a customer.

If you have to pay the 200 dollar fee, then think of it this way. 70 bucks minus 30 bucks is 40 dollars that you save per month for essentially the same thing. It would take 4 months to get back your 200 bucks, plus you could buy a phone at a cheap price (29 dollar razr), to sell on ebay to get more money back.

Just gotta think of the angles, there are always angles.

Justin

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Call sprint and see if they will let you buy another plan, then cancel the old one without an ETF fee.

They might let you go, as they aren't losing you as a customer.

If you have to pay the 200 dollar fee, then think of it this way. 70 bucks minus 30 bucks is 40 dollars that you save per month for essentially the same thing. It would take 4 months to get back your 200 bucks, plus you could buy a phone at a cheap price (29 dollar razr), to sell on ebay to get more money back.

Just gotta think of the angles, there are always angles.

Justin
Not in circles. My sister works at the best buy selling sprint, shes coming home this weekend so ill see what she can do for me. but the 200 dollars thing ain't nothing if my phone bill goes down.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
If you have a landline that you want to turn into your cell phone, they can handle that port also.
Now THAT is awesome.

No roaming nationwide is a great feature too.

I'm finally done with my 2yr Sprint contract though, and couldn't be happier. $50/mo for a phone that won't work anywhere besides a town or a state or federal hwy is way too much. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sprint to someone who lives in a more populated area, but rural buyers should beware.

Hope I'm not squatting on the thread here, but I believe it's better to not have a customer than to have a dissatisfied one. :(

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now THAT is awesome.

No roaming nationwide is a great feature too.

I'm finally done with my 2yr Sprint contract though, and couldn't be happier. $50/mo for a phone that won't work anywhere besides a town or a state or federal hwy is way too much. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sprint to someone who lives in a more populated area, but rural buyers should beware.

Hope I'm not squatting on the thread here, but I believe it's better to not have a customer than to have a dissatisfied one. :(
No man thats fine.

No roaming is pretty huge, I use roaming everytime i go to canada, sprint doesn't have a tower in canada, and we endup picking up rogers wireless towers, and there is no extra charge on your bill for using their tower.

Anywhere you can get a signal, you can make a call with no extra charge. Out in the boonies, I end up using verizons tower.

If your in a real remote area, i'd assume you would have problems getting ANY cell signal, from any carrier.

Nature of the beast I suppose.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I have to say, my Sprint experience so far has been very good. I have a Katana with a very basic plan (text messaging + 1200 minutes, no vision, no picture mail), and it makes an excellent substitute for a land line. The Katana -while not exactly a feature powerhouse- roams analog and digital and I am not charged for roaming. On a road trip I made from Oregon to Nevada last Summer, I had a useable signal at almost every part of the trip (some very rural countryside there, too.) Here on the I-5 corridor, I get a nice signal and infrequently get dropouts.

I did have a big go-round with Sprint when it came to billing when I first signed up, and I have heard from others that it's not terribly uncommon. But once it got straightened out, things have been great. I'd say Shadow's deals up there are pretty nice.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Right now you can go to www.sprint.com/sero and use the email address [email protected] to view the current SERO offerings from SprintPCS/Inphonic. Through feb 28th the Sprint Employee Referral Offer is open to anyone who wants to sign up as a Valentines day promotion. They open it up to the public once in awhile, like holidays. It's also pretty easy to find a valid sprint employee email address to get the referral offer if you need to. (hint google @mail.sprint.com, or ask a store rep for their biz card etc.) you don't have to sign up on the website. Some CS reps can set you up, retention reps too.

If this is news to you then I suggest reading the forums at a place like www.sprintusers.com

if he's good at what he does Justin might be able to get you a few other free perks thrown into the deal as well. lol

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
If anybody wants the nextel plans, shoot me a pm or whatever and I'll post them. I'm just too pooped from editing all that formatted text for the sprint plans, lol.

start typin boy. i need a new nextel phone.

if its easier to email it to me send it to rattleheadracing at mac dot com

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
btw as best I can tell the discounted SERO offer and the $25 referral being given out appear to be 2 different Sprint programs Justin has cleverly piggybacked onto each other to derive some extra benefit?

Technically Sprint employees and affiliates aren't eligible for referring new customers on the existing-customer-refers-a-new-customer-for-$25-each (Sprint Referral Rewards Program) offer.

So either Justin has figured a clever way to get around sprint's restrictions to collect the referral $$$ as an employee/affiliate, or this is a different $25 referral offer from the one I've linked too, or he isn't affiliated with Sprint???

I'm not aware of $25 for each new customer (and the sprint employee that referred them) being part of the SERO program either... I don't believe it is. SERO is heavily discussed on cell phone forums (like www.sprintusers.com - www.howardsforums.com) and $25 to each party has never been mentioned as part of that offer.

If the offer's on the up and up with Sprint sorry for misunderstanding what your doing... Anyway it's a win-win-win for everyone it seems, even if some are gaming the system... :)

However if this is a combination of the SERO offer and the Sprint Referral Rewards Program... I wonder if Sprint will reject the referral bonus? They'll know the new referral is on a SERO plan (i.e. supposed to be referred by a Sprint employee) and that employees aren't eligble for the Sprint Referral Rewards Program. Only one way to find out, sign up for SERO which is alread a sweet deal and try to claim a referral bonus as well.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
NOTE- You can add a line, and share the minute for 9.99 extra per month.
I must have missed that before. I'm not sure where you got the information about add-a-phone being available on SERO plans? Everything i've heard is that add-a-phone with shared minutes for $9.99 is NOT available with the SERO plans.

I believe each phone has to have it's own line of service with SERO. i.e. if your currently on a regular shared plan with an add-a-phone and call sprint to try to change over to SERO they will require each phone to have a seperate SERO plan. However two sero plans may still cost you less then the previous shared minute plan with an add-a-phone. (Or net you more minutes for the same price as a shared plan)

While nearly everything is negotiable with sprint's phone reps I have never heard of anyone being successful at getting an add-a-phone added onto a SERO plan (I'm sure a few lone souls have against all odds). Otherwise it's a wonderful deal compared to the regular plans.

Also, I believe the website is only for new customer sign-ups. I think existing customers need to talk to a phone rep to switch over to one of these plans. Even if your under contract you may be able to switch and start a new 2 yr contact, it all depends on the Sprint rep you get on the phone whether they can/will help you. being polite and negotiating is the way to go. If they can't help you simply thank them for their time and call back to try another rep. Getting upset or rude will just get your account noted for being a troublesome customer. Sprint doesn't do nice things for them like free perks.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
...If you already have a phone number, that you want to port to your new cell phone, they can handle that for you...

I've checked out the SERO plan severals times recently -- if the phone number is a current Sprint number, they will not approve the plan, even if your original contract has lapsed, and you are on a month-to-month basis. The SERO plans are targeted for non-Sprint people.

If this has changed, I would like to know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
It is true SERO is aimed at new sign-ups and that you can not port an existing sprint cell number to a new SERO account, at least not via the SERO website run by Sprint/Inphonic.

However many have reported talking to a CS rep or Retentions rep via phone and getting one to switch an existing line of service and retaining it's phone number. Its helps to be off contract but persistant people who politely negotiate have gotten on SERO be simply re-upping there 2yr contract while part way through their current one. (i.e. they may have had a year to go on an existing contract and now they are back under contract for a full 2 yrs again.) Many more have managed to switch/add a SERO line with a new phone number and ditch their previous line/number.

So while it may technically be for new signups, Sprint seems willing to give it to many existing customers who go about asking for it the right way. At any rate nearly everything is negotiable with Sprint-Nextel IF you know how to negotiate with them. The outcome depends on your negotiating skill AND the rep you get on the phone. What CS will do for you varies wildly from call to call, but that kind of CS is par for the course with sprint. lol

If it ain't happening remain polite and thank them for trying to help you out and hang up. Call back and talk to a fresh rep. Don't get frustrated/angry or be super greedy unless you want to get your account noted as a troublesome customer. If that happens they won't do much for you however nicely your now asking.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts