TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is kind of a weird issue that popped up about a week ago thats got me scratching my head. when the car is first started is makes a weird puttering noise. you rev it up a little bit and it will stop. as you are driving it and you go over 3lbs of boost the puttering gets relly bad and nearly dies. i checked the vacume lines, just glancing over them and everything appeared ok. has anyone had this problem before??

91SC

·
Registered
674 Posts
Kinda sounds like a MAF to me, or a boost leak (intake gasket). Although i'm not sure if these engines even have a MAF, lol.

·
Registered
316 Posts
they do have mafs

check for leaks around the intercooler piping.
the mafs could be dirty. but most likley its a sparkplug or plugwire issue

·
Registered
316 Posts
generally the dis needs replacing when the tach starts to goof off.

you can have it tested, even buy heatsink compund to extend its life, but i am telling you get new wires and plugs thats is the biggest cause of stumbling in boost. get double plats and dont do them for another 3 years.

check the maf, and make sure that your getting fuel. clean the injectors and make sure your getting over 40psi of fuel in boost.

·
Registered
630 Posts
not trying to jack the thread but you talking about the rpm tach goofing off???? becasue mine does it all the time bounceing up and down LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts