TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
I do not get it.

It only happens when I take off at WOT and then it shifts.........

The belt is fairly new less then 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not get it.

It only happens when I take off at WOT and then it shifts.........

The belt is fairly new less then 20,000 miles.
My Motorcraft belt had less than 10k on it. WOT at 1-2 shift and the tires chirp also. Can't really answer why, try a Gatorback belt.

The Motorcraft belt is on my Town Car now - no squeal LOL.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have always though this was the sound of fluid getting pushed through the valve body. I suppose it is possible that it could be the belt, but it will do it with a brand new motorcraft. I hear it on crown vic police cars that drive by the shop during hard acceleration and my bird also does it.
-Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have always though this was the sound of fluid getting pushed through the valve body. I suppose it is possible that it could be the belt, but mine will do it with a brand new motorcraft. I hear it on crown vic police cars that drive by the shop during hard acceleration and my bird also does it.
-Rob

·
Banned
998 Posts
Ok, does anyone know what I would hear make a squeaking sound when I shift at WOT....... TC or trans?

96/4.6

Thanks

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Ok, does anyone know what I would hear make a squeaking sound when I shift at WOT....... TC or trans?

96/4.6

Thanks
Serpentine belt. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I used to get more of a squeal on 1-2 shift w/JMod when I had a Motorcraft belt. Gatorback belt fixed that.
+1 Same here even with a new Ford belt. Gatorback works great :)

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
This happens to me as well; I am fairly certain this is caused by the alternator pulley squealing the belt until it can slow down and catch up with the slower RPM post shift.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
This happens to me as well; I am fairly certain this is caused by the alternator pulley squealing the belt until it can slow down and catch up with the slower RPM post shift.
Well cool. If this is the case, when I upgrade to that crown vic 200 amp alternator, I will have the over running clutch pulley. Ah yeah :D
-Rob

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm having that same squeak from 1-2 and I have a gator back belt... The tensioner is tight.. No loose belt.. Maybe need a new belt? I put it on back in 2007..

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I'm having that same squeak from 1-2 and I have a gator back belt... The tensioner is tight.. No loose belt.. Maybe need a new belt? I put it on back in 2007..
Yep. FL heat + Age = Time for a new belt.

I suspect if you looked at it it will look dried/glazed.

But just a WAG. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah I kinda figured the same.. 3 years old now.. Iirc the belt has glaze on it lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts