TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've notice that my front right wheel squeaks when im driving and to give you an impression it sounds something like this, squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak. Very annoying. When you hit the brakes it goes away. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
How old are the front suspension parts? Has the front end EVER been rebuilt?

Amongst other candidates are - UCA (inner bushings), upper ball joint, LCA (inner, strut rod, and lower shock bushings), lower ball joint, shock itself, swaybar bushings, swaybar end links, strut rod bushing to frame ... which *ahem* is almost everything under there :diablo:

RwP

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wheel bearing maybe

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,569 Posts
Warped rotors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything is original except for lower ball joints

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
First off how many miles are on the car? Probably plan on upper ball joints and tie rods as well if theyve never been done. Those will not cause squeaks but are probably shot. Jack up the front end and spin the rotor to see if it rubs the pad. While you have it on stands shake down the rest of the front end

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
And when in doubt, use Ford for the strut rod bushings but Moog/TRW/Motorcraft for everything else.

RwP

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Brake pads are glazed over or worn. The reason is isn't constant is because the rotor is slightly warped. My Thunderbird is doing that right now, I've NEVER changed the front pads and I've checked it out. It's on the list.....

And yes, I've rebuilt my front end components, new balls joints, UCA's, sway bar links, etc (and it still needs a driver's side inner tie-rod end - damn old cars!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts