TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and saw that it seems most are replacing the upper and lower control arms when they start to squeak. Is there anyway of lubing them without removal of the arms that you guys know of?
When I purchased my Bird back in October that was the first thing I noticed driving home.
Doing my 5.8 conversion is cutting into the pocket , and was just looking for a quick fix for awhile once she's done. :xpsmile:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Is there any play in the suspension?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
For me, it was the LCA bushings where the tension rod goes thru. Made hellacious squeaking noises since the weather turned cold and dry.

Had to buy them separate b/c they dont come with the Moog LCA.

Al

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Before I had them changed at the stealership with Ford Oem Upper Control Arms..My Upper Control arms used to squeak and crunch in cold weather.. They don't make those squeak or crunch sounds anymore..

Rayo...

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys .... yeah , it stinks because the suspension and steering is tight. But I can't deal with that noise. There goes my spring fishin trip.
Oh well..... A mans got to have his priorities....right! :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Thanks guys .... yeah , it stinks because the suspension and steering is tight. But I can't deal with that noise. There goes my spring fishin trip.
Oh well..... A mans got to have his priorities....right! :)
Mine mostly just do it when real cold and only first mile or so, worst as I come out driveway. My drive is paved but it was a quick and cheap job, rolled out on the gravel driveway so it has waves and sways in it. Once I hit the main road, they are quiet.

My '95 is really loud as it still has OEM on it at 65K, but no way I'm gonna replace good ones for a squeak. They were quiet until late fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts