TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive been lookin at these SS Auto Chrome Headers on E-Bay for about 6 months now and have not heard anything about them. does anyone here have any information about them? comments? problems?

the only thing i have heard is that they are a knock off of JBA....are they pron to the same cracking that JBA are?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a set I haven't installed them yet but they look good to me nice price 2!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much did you end up paying for them? i know that they are on e-bay for $75 now. please let me know when u put them on.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think I paided $80.00 or $85.00 for them I sould have them on in a couple mos I'll let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx bro i appreciate it...if i get mine and get em on b4 you ill let u know how it goes. hey do u plan on dropping the k-member, lifiting the engine, of working with it in place? i think ill try to get it on there in place first.....just gonna be a tight fit coming from the back of the engine like that. oh well ill have to look at it more indepther and get some more information on it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
justin.....thanx for the info. thats what i have heard. i think im gonna try em out and see how they are. i mean they are not that much and for temp it wont be too bad. ill let everyone know how it goes tho. oh also justin do u know if it is possible to to install them without pulling the engine or dropping the k-member? would it just be easier to raise the engine with a cherry picker? its somethign i have never done b4.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
96TBird said:
justin.....thanx for the info. thats what i have heard. i think im gonna try em out and see how they are. i mean they are not that much and for temp it wont be too bad. ill let everyone know how it goes tho. oh also justin do u know if it is possible to to install them without pulling the engine or dropping the k-member? would it just be easier to raise the engine with a cherry picker? its somethign i have never done b4.
Yeah, they can be done without pulling the motor or dropping the engine. Its a PITA though...especially when you have a bad exhaust leak you cant trace when your done with the install.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It is a PITA, but if you take your time and go at it easy it's not all that bad. As for pulling the motor up and/or dropping the K member...no need. I did most of mine with the engine bolted in. Had to raise it about 2" with a floor jack on the oil pan to get to the front most bolts. All in all, it took myself and two others about 7 hours to do it...not working the entire time though. The passenger side header will give you some fits, and one of the bolts takes close to 20 min to get in. But for the price, I'd rather spend $83 (what I got em for) on something that's going to crack down the road as opposed to wasting $700 on something that'll crack. Plan on going with Kooks down the raod when I get some $$ and a tad more snappy motor. So these are good for me for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts