TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to replace the bushings on a Thunderbird SC subframe that I bought to put under my 1989 Base. I was looking on RockAuto at bushings and there are like four different size bushings to choose from, how do I find out which ones I need?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Measure the diameter of the sway bar.
-Rob

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
supercoupeperformance.com would have the size you need but there are a couple sizes of sway bars for the SC's. Was it a gen1 SC you took this from, 89-90s are a bit bigger than 91+

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
supercoupeperformance.com would have the size you need but there are a couple sizes of sway bars for the SC's. Was it a gen1 SC you took this from, 89-90s are a bit bigger than 91+
I dont know, see. I got it from a dismantler but they pulled it. My receipt says (1989-1992) but I really dont know...

The bushings I have right now look decent but I am replacing everything else so I may as well replace mine for the hell of it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you dont have a micrometer to measure it the easiest way is to take an adjustable wrench and fit it on the bar, then measure it with a tape measurer.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Bar

Remember that SC & non SC have different bar sizes threw 92.
even the V-8 cars had a different size.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remember that SC & non SC have different bar sizes threw 92.
even the V-8 cars had a different size.

:cool:
I know it is from an SC, but I do not know the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts