Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*This thread has been approved by Admin*

THIS IS NOT A TCCoA GROUP BUY

As some of you may have seen, one of our members had a really neat grille emblem made out of stainless steel to replace the factory one. A metal fabrication shop has agreed to make multiple units for our vehicles at a discounted price for a group buy. The prices are as follows...

[Group buy requirement met!]

Flat Thunderbird Emblems
$12 for flat (02F) For miscellaneous mounting

94/95 Thunderbird Emblems (These are approximately 10.5" x 1.5")
$17 for bent + studs (02BS) For grille mounting

*White 1995 LX belongs to TRISTON
*Black 1994 SC belongs to nickleman60

96/97 Thunderbird Emblems
$19 for flat with studs (03FS) For grille mounting

This is a Photoshop picture I created to simulate the look on a 1996-1997 model.

The following needs to be done to fit the emblem in your 1996-1997 grille. This can be done with minor hand tools...

Three 7mm bolts need to be taken out to remove the grille. They are accessed from the back side. I have circled their locations in RED

The old emblem must be removed carefully. Simply pulling on it will undoubtably break the brittle plastic studs. You may find that a drill bit may be handy for removing the material, allowing the studs to slide out. You must shave off the tabs, also circled in RED. The primary purpose of these are to keep the blue plastic feet from falling out of place should the glue fail from the factory. Try a razor blade and sandpaper, or a Dremel tool if you have one. A pair of side cutters may also do the job. Use a 9/32 or larger drill bit to bore out the three mounting holes to allow larger studs. Install the new emblem, replace the grille in its opening, and enjoy!

***The pictured emblems above have been designed exclusively for 1994-1995 and 1996-1997 Thunderbird grilles. They may fit for other applications. At this time these can only be paid for with PayPal using the GIFT option. Shipping is not included. Some sanding/brushing may be required for a finished look. Can also be painted, polished, powder coated, chromed, etc***

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I'm in for one if and when they are available complete (with bend and studs)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I guess can put me down for 2 completed units. YESx2

Need one to replace the one on the 5.0, plus might as well put one on the SC.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Id like to see what you do with the rear tail replacement birds since I dont want one for the front 100% since its a gen1 smoothed no place for it. But rear tail light birds Im very interested. Where else can you put em? Maybe a mini fender emblem if thats possible would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
As some of you may have seen, one of our members had a really neat grille emblem made out of stainless steel to replace the factory one.
I would like to see pictures of anyone that has done this. I maybe interested in one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'll take a completed one(bend and studs). I'm also curious to see how the taillight ones look.

Mike

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
2 pieces, bent & studs, please.

Maybe one flat emblem...?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I would get one. ones for the tail lights also.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'll take four flat.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I need your inputs on the following...:zdunno:

1) Should we place one order, or should we keep this thread going, allowing other users to make reservations for a future order?

2) What is a way that you feel comfortable with paying for these?
Suggestion: I have a PayPal account and am capable of transferring the monies to the fabricator along with the itemized lists of your orders.

3) How would you like shipping to be handled?
Suggestion: I can have the fabricator mail me the box of the completed orders, and I can ship them individually to your addresses after shipping cost is declared and paid with tracking numbers through USPS.
1: One group order but leave this open too, so when get enough orders again (think tax time) can place another bulk order

2: I have no problem with M/O

3: We could actually have a AR meet for mine. USPS is fine though

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok guys, here's the scoop. Just talked to the water jet guy. He is ready to start production tomorrow. The original quote apparently did not include materials. Price per unit For our group buy will be $12 for a flat emblem, and $17 for one with the bends and studs. He said he will add the brushing for us at no extra cost!!!

I took out my grille today and he will be designing a replacement emblem for 1996-1997 cars. The current pictures are for 1994-1995 models. I will need to get a hold of an emblem for 1989-1993 Thunderbird so he can design one for you all too. I gave him the go-ahead to make the first six 1994-1995 with the bends and studs. Your package will include instructions on how to remove your factory emblem and how to install the new one, which I will write up before the end of the week. I'm guessing the 12 1/2" x 9 1/2" Flat Rate padded envelope from USPS will be our best bet on shipping. I will have to go by the post office and check on the price tomorrow. If you are ordering multiple units, I'm sure they should all fit in the same envelope.

So I guess I need to know who the first six 1994-1995 bent/studs Thunderbird people will be. I will be paying for this out of my pocket for you guys so please be courteous and pay for it if you order it...please...

PM me or feel free to post on this thread. It will be first come/first served.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
First Six Emblems Ordered

The first six 1994-1995 emblems (pictured) are currently being made. The following users have been PM'd about their requests...

"mh68" for 1 bent ***PAID/SHIPPED***
"KJH9" for 1 bent, two flat ***PAID/SHIPPED***
"ClintD" for 1 bent ***PAID/SHIPPED***
"nickleman60" for 1 bent ***PAID/SHIPPED***

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.