TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I want to get a 2800-3000 stall converter. What kind should I buy? I know everyone uses the PI converters, what is a price on them? Is this to high of a stall for the street? Someone told me to stick between 1800-2800 stall. I found this site on the internet www.edgeracingconverters.com are there converters any good they seemed real reasonable in price.

Thansk for your time Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
fine for me

im running pi`s 2800-3000 stall converter and i think its ok. gas mileage does suffer a little but then i dont care. the price was 853 dollars. not cheap. but supposedly they take alot of abuse.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm running a 2800rpm converter, and I was a bit concerned at first also. I got the TC the same time I got a chip(also did full 300+hp tranny upgrade/rebuild, version J;) ), and Dennis made sure the converter locked up differently. As a result, my gas milage on the highway has gone up significantly, compared to stock. In town is a slight bit higher, but it's hard to tell, trying to stay off of the right pedal:D :D :D I say go for it.
Peter

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stall Converter

Thats pretty pricy but it's probably worth it. Are there any other converters like TCI, or art carr, or cone that are good?

Thanks Alot Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts