TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
one in a million
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

What would cause Stalling when put in reverse?

only happens after sitting overnight on a cold start.

Starts and idles fine and I give it a minute to warm up.

have no check engine codes.

can it be the Engine coolant temp sensor? Have a small leak on bottom radiator hose and maybe a Air pocket next to the sensor throwing it off on cold start?

Idle air control valve seams to be working ok.

any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
I'd still bet on the IAC first.

RwP

·
The Parts Guy
7,309 Posts
I'd advise cleaning the IAC and MAF (especially if you're running an oiled air filter, like a K&N), then report back.

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
If not IAC, then a vacuum leak that can't be adjusted out by the ECU when cold (when the motor needs more fuel due to partial atomization ... )

The MAF is another choice to check, yep.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
If not IAC, then a vacuum leak that can't be adjusted out by the ECU when cold (when the motor needs more fuel due to partial atomization ... )

The MAF is another choice to check, yep.

RwP
The vacuum leak is usually what makes the IAC look bad. :)

OP:
Unless you have replaced them all, the original hoses are turning back into crude oil at this point. :)

Go to AZ or advanced, and get ~3 feet each of 1/8", 1/4" and 3/8" vacuum hose.

Now replace everything on the vacuum system with the tubing you have; cut to match. :)

Also, Get a piece to go where the elbow for the pcv into the front of the throttle body(TB) is, and a piece for the 'splice' in the driver's head pcv supply(2" is fine)

I think the PCV pieces are 3/8" and 1/2", but I'm not sure.

Be sure to check the back of the TB; seems like there are short pieces there that go bad as well. :D

·
one in a million
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed.

Pulled the iac and cleaned it.

I replaced the vacuum lines and cleaned the iac last year before smog test, and it made a difference.

thanks...

-John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts