TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking through Tasca's lot recently, and I noticed that not ONE of the Super Duty trucks had a standard transmission. Further investigation on Ford.com revealed that only the 6-speed automatic was available for the PowerStroke!

What happened? When did they stop putting standard transmissions in trucks?? :eek:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
People don't know how to drive them anymore! The other day, a customer brought their new focus in complaining about three trans, saying that it was bogging down like a stick it was that new multi clutch weirdo six speed auto. I drove one a few days later, and sure enough, horrible! Like driving a manual in the wrong gear where it's just about to stall.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
People don't know how to drive them anymore! The other day, a customer brought their new focus in complaining about three trans, saying that it was bogging down like a stick it was that new multi clutch weirdo six speed auto. I drove one a few days later, and sure enough, horrible! Like driving a manual in the wrong gear where it's just about to stall.
Don't they test drive vehicles anymore before buying them?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Both of my vehicles are standard. It just drives better. I just hate getting into a vehicle and I put both feet down and think, "Oh, ya, no clutch."

·
Registered
167 Posts
Both of my vehicles are standard. It just drives better. I just hate getting into a vehicle and I put both feet down and think, "Oh, ya, no clutch."
I learned on a stick shift and I still have bad habits from it xD
I reach for a clutch and stick when its time to shift even though I haven't driven one in ages.

I prefer stick over auto no matter what, whether its city or highway or any other sort of driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts