TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 tbird and lately is doesnt wanna start. if i give it about half throttle it will fire then idle rough right away. after i run it for a couple minutes it seems to idle fine. the idle did surge to like 900 rpm from 500 for a second last time i ran it when i was at a stoplight. the car smells like gas.

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
X2 for IAC - One day mine wouldn't start unless I had my foot on the gas a little bit. As soon as I let off the gas the engine would die. Cleaned the IAC and all is normal now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how far is the iac supose to open by itself? the spring pushes it a tiny bit open but i can open it 3 times as far with a tiny amount of pressure from a screwdriver on the spring.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
That's strange, you would think it would stop moving as soon as the valve stem pushed against the "piston" on the actuator. If i'm not mistaken you can separate the actuator(electrical) part from the valve side of it with two screws. This allows you to get full valve travel and do more cleaning. I can't take apart my 96+ style one. I suggest trying to clean it and if it doesn't work, replace the IAC. Do you have any iac ckt fault codes?
-Rob

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the problem was a fuel pressure regulator. i pulled the vacuum line off the top of it right after i ran the car and after 2 minutes gas started coming out the hole. replaced that and it runs fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts