TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the paint started to fall off over the winter I started today with the sanding and new primer. There was alot of rust under the old paint, and the "rustproofing" well lets just say it wasnt a pretty sight under that crap. So right now the car is blue, gray hood, and red oxide below the trim lol. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get the new topcoat on the bad spots soon.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres what it looked like yesterday. Nice color combo I think, grey, black, red and blue lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol thanks, a friend said it looked like a redneck race car. The bottom is now blue with black below the door. Though I do kinda like how the tremclad grey looks on the hood.

·
Registered
708 Posts
judging by the fact that the fender liner got painted, you probably didnt get down there and sand thouroughly. should be at least 400 grit 100% sanded. I just hope you did it right. hope it wasnt spraybomb primer, it absorbs moisture from the air and transfers it to the metal, let alone water from the road.........

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was sanded, then fender liner was just left in since it has to be replaced anyways so i didnt really care if I get paint on it. Yes it was a spraybomb, I used tremclad rust primer.

·
Registered
708 Posts
from what I read, sounds like you covered the primer with color quickly, not leaving it "out" too long. good job. some laquer thinner will wipe off the paint on the liner. those liners are a huge pita to swap out.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know they are a pain but both of them are cracked pretty bad and let alot of **** in over the winter.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm going to start project, make me shiny pretty soon.
In a couple weeks actually cause school's out may 9. I'm going for a total repaint, same color, but maybe metal flake :D I'm gonna set up a paint booth in my garage and see what happens. I wanna be done in time for the local car show at the end of June.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts