TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been some concerns voiced about the accessibility of the starter with Kooks headers on.

About the only thing I didn't replace or upgrade while my engine was out for the heads/kooks install was the starter.

Well as you can guess, the day before yesterday it died...

Once again, because of condo commandos I had to turn the car over to my favorite ford tech....

He reports that the install is tougher than with the stock manifold, but only because the bolts are harder to access. He says you have to remove the solenoid to get to the top bolt, so some time is added for that. The starter itself comes in and out pretty easy and you do not have to loosen the headers or lift the engine or do anything weird...

He charged 1.8 hrs... I'm pretty sure that's what it took...

I wishtI'da thought of it while the engine was down... at 7 years and 112,000 mi, it was due.....

A word to the wise is sufficient.....

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
That is the reason why I put a ford reman starter on my car when I put the kooks on.
I thought it would be very unplessant to install one.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blown96bird said:
That is the reason why I put a ford reman starter on my car when I put the kooks on.
I thought it would be very unplessant to install one.
Yup ... Flabird did the same...

Unpleasant, yes - impossible, no

but avoidable.... the starters are only about $140 from Dan.. just add it to the cost of the headers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts