TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright... so about a year ago my starter started to fail, Fine. Got a new one died within a week, got a new one for free, put it, well few months later, it starter to "click" some times once or twice and then start up.
Other days, it would click for a LONG time before starting up(one click when I would turn the key, just once).
So I went to the part store, got myself a "new" re-manufactured starter, tried to put it in, gave up, paid 85 bucks to have it done...
and got home and guess what!? "click" "click" "click"

wires are fine, connectors are fine. battery is a brand new. What is the problem?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, so it seems to be the negative of the starter, I was trouble shooting the problem, i connected a jumper on the negative of the solenoid of the starter, and it started without clicking every time.
Now my question is, where is the engine ground of the 94 tbird? i have been looking for it but i found nothing,(figuring that its dirty/rusted or loose)
and if i cant find it, should i just hook up permanent wire to it and ground it on the chassis? or would that be bad?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts