TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just burnt out my 3rd OEM starter. Anyone else have this problem? My engine is 11.6:1 comp. I believe OEM starter is maxed at 10:1.

Does anyone know of a good starter that will fit under the mac long tubes and handle 12:1 comp?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a Jegs "Pro Start" thats good up to 15:1 comp. Doesn't fit under the Mac headers :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Going to sell the starter, should fit with stock or JBA headers. Retails for $190 I'll take $150 b/c i scratched it up trying to get it to fit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No kidding, that sucks. One of those mini high torque starters should work? I have to get the proper starter to use with my M5R2 i am installing with my 5.0. The plan is centerforce clutch for a 94 f 150 and stock flywheel for the same but i have read that you need to use the F150 starter for that combo.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the f 150 starter is what i used for my m5r2 swap, the I brought the SC starter back for the core, guy didnt even bat an eye, they look exactly alike its the ring gear inside whats different I believe

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally recieved my refund and bought a new starter. Its a "DB Electrical", has no markings or anything on it. Really cheap $50 brand new claims high torque. Put it in, and it sounds and works awesome. Better than any Ford or Pepboys replacement starter I've ever had. I'm amazed and glad the $200 Jegs one didn't work out for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts