TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations? Oil looks good should I change gas? or just stir it a little bit :tongue:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
fwiw, i have used old gas that has been in a car for over 2 years....it was fine. some will say not to use it....I drove the car easy on the old gas, just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I started my car after being dead for about 1.5 years. I put stabil in the gas, then mixed in some premium(before getting it on the road and filled the tank with premium), and changed the oil, and filter. I then pulled the plugs at both coils to not allow spark, and pulled the fuel pump fuse so it would not pump fuel, then I cranked it for about 10 seconds to get oil in the top end of the motor. Then I put everything back together and fired it up. As said though be easy on the car till you get the old gas out and a few miles on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sta-bil after the fact will not refresh sour gas. I'd add some 100 octane or better to the old stuff, as it will act as a solvent and boost the overall octane rating. Then after putting some miles on it, change the fuel filter, then run some Red Line fuel injection cleaner in her.
Here are a couple of pics of the fuel I poured out of my filter after running 50/50 mix of 87 and 100. The filter had about 30k on it. :beek:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I should have mentioned that when the car was taken off the road stabil was already put in the tank, but I added just a little more before starting it.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
How long is "a long time" in your case?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
If possible, PRIME the Oil system before you crank it over, especially if it has been sitting for a long time and never been started.

·
Super Moderator
10,578 Posts
What engine is this?

I'd check the engine bay, intake and exhaust to make sure something isn't living there, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts