TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really, but with the price of used cars as sky-high as it's become in the last year or so, I could probably sell off my four-vehicle fleet and retire. Based on the prices I'm regularly seeing on lots around here, my 160k+ mile '90 base V6 car is worth north of $1100. :beek:

Are people really paying these ridiculous prices for not-very-amazing cars, or are all of the used car dealers in my area smoking some seriously wacky shiznit?

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
I've noticed that the used car dealerships around here (Hartsville/Florence, SC) are flush with used car inventory.

I'm sure it has to do with tax return time ...

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
havent really paid much attention......that, and i don't ever really look at used cars, or new ones for that matter.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
I'm not shopping either. But there's a friggin' lot on every corner around here ... beats all I've ever seen. Most of them are in the 2K to 8K price range. (per the numbers written on the windshields ...)

Low income disposable transportation. Probably just good enough to get them through until tax season next year ...

One I saw is a 94 or 95 MN12. I didn't look at it to closely. Just saw it sitting there as I drove by ...

Could be a V6 or V8 ... :zdunno:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Cash For Clunkers did this.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Exactly. It's ridiculous.

My sister was offered $4k for her 01 F150 base v6 with 197k miles on it from a dealership.. it is in good condition but that's insane. I was afraid to see what he was going to price it for if she had sold it too him :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It sure did! I used to be able to find decent $500 cars all the time. Granted they arent perfect cars and needed some things done to them but they were 100% drivers. I dont think I bought a car over $700 for about 5-7 years. Then CFC comes around and those $500 cars turned into $1500 cars, for the same thing.

I've put more money and time into this $1500 Windstar I bought a few months ago than I did my $425 Voyager that I bought 3+ years ago.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts