TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i blow the motor up in my bird oh well. i got a sc block and i am sending it to be clean i am wanting to rebuild the sc motor with everything new and rebuild the trany with a tci master rebuild kit. and i am hopen this is all goin to work so befor i get half way or all the way i wondering if this would work in a na3.8 thunderbird body or do i got to change out the rear end all the way or what. also redoing the inside of the car i got a dig,cam now so i can take pic i try and have them up for you and let you see what i am doing

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
Will what work? If you're asking whether or not you should swap out the stock 7.5" for a 8.8" and larger halfshafts when running a SC engine in place of a NA 3.8L, then yes, you should.

-Rod

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
it will work, just takes money. if you are swapping in a sc block, why not swap in the entire engine? a sc block and n/a heads and intakes wont help much, unless you throw on another power adder. upgrade the rear end definitely. have fun with the wiring.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
If your going to swap in the SC engine, get your hands on a wiring schematic for your car and the year the SC engine came out of. And if you take the entire SC engine, I'd either take the trans it came with OR make sure yours can handle the extra power.

And since everything will be apart, upgrading to an 8.8 rear end along with stronger halfshafts and rear disc brakes (if you don't have it)

-Melon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kool. all i have is the block of the sc motor and am buying pistons and cams and all for it so if you all know what is the best kind then please tell me cause i was just goin to bu the stock sc pistons and all and i am rebuilding the tran with the tci master rebuild kit. and i was goin to get a alum drive shaft and put 8.8 with 3.73 gears in the rear end. i know this is goin to take time and money. and i am goin to have the car all apart anyway. thanks for your help so far

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
With a 6er and no power adder I would go with the 4.10s.

Chris

·
6,910 Posts
if i may offer some more advice, i would swap in a 5.0. they are easier to work on than a sc, and parts are cheap. theres many mustang sites out there with good deals on parts. trust me, i have looked.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yeah...I posted that on his other thread too.

Chris

·
Registered
645 Posts
I just wanted to point out that if you build up an N/A Super coupe motor with all super coupe internals that it's gonna be 8.2:1 compression. You may want to use the N/A pistons to get it back up to the regular 3.8's compression of 9.0:1 ;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Originally posted by lowthunder
i got a sc block and i am sending it to be clean i am wanting to rebuild the sc motor with everything new
I'm guessing that "everything" includes a blower?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Low thunder you shouldnt take this the wrong way but some of these guys here have done this before. They are not trying to pass judgement, only help you...I would listen.

Chris

·
Registered
95 Posts
I also wanted to point out, you will need either SC heads or 96-98 Mustang heads. The 89-95 N/A T-Bird heads have different water ports (there are 8 around each cylinder, the SC and Mustang have 5). Check out www.supersixmotorsports.com. They have an PDF that lists all the difference between each model 3.8 and 4.2

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hum well i am listen and i would love the help from you guys. just wondering its funny how some people can just bolt on a supercharger and go but people here are like you need to chang out everything hum

·
6,910 Posts
welcome to the world of engine swaps :) and superchargers arent exactly bolt on, like pullies. still takes some fabricating of parts.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Dont confuse those who have done it..."ONCE" with those who do it right. There is a happy place in the middle somwhere but If you are going to stick a huffer on it, I would at the very least change out the heads and crank.

Chris

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Its a very complicated thing to do...Once you have achieved it you too will understand. Until then...Just work on being more powerfull then Al Simmons.

Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts