TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!
I bought a 1995 4.6 Tbird this year. I've had to swap an engine, transmission and all wires to a new body since mine was completely rusted and I've already finished it myself, unfortunately not correctly at all.
The engine cranks but it won't start. The starter runs but there's no spark on ignition coils and I can't hear a fuel pump which was checked out and is ok.
My friend who is a mechanic said that it looks like I missed a ground on an engine wire. The problem is that all grounds I know are in their places... but maybe I'm wrong? Is there any diagram with all underhood/engine grounds?
I'll be thankful for any other suggestions of what to try to bring my car to life. I spent a hell lot of time on that project, faced and solved many, many problems and now I feel like I've had enough with it. It's almost done but still - almost and I can't find a solution.
Tbirds are extremely rare in Poland, I have noone here to ask about that car so I really count on you guys.
Tell me if anything is not understandable for you, I'll try to explain in better.
Thanks in advance, Johnny.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Crank and no spark could be the crank sensor. The wires are pretty fragile and are known to get messed up causing that issue. Could also be an issue with the ignition switch or inertia switch that would cause the pump not to run. Just my thoughts. I had a problem when I installed my engine but it was entirely related to a bad ground to the block that caused a no crank situation.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Was the donor body a V8? The V6 engine harness connector is the same physical size and shape, but isn't wired the same. You need the V8 engine harness to ECU cable if you didn't swap it over.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crank and no spark could be the crank sensor. The wires are pretty fragile and are known to get messed up causing that issue. Could also be an issue with the ignition switch or inertia switch that would cause the pump not to run. Just my thoughts. I had a problem when I installed my engine but it was entirely related to a bad ground to the block that caused a no crank situation.
Which one of grounds was that, do you remember? I have only one ground to the engine block, it's on the passenger's side but I've just read there should be another one on the driver's side. I don't remember tightening any grounds there and I can't see any to do that...

Was the donor body a V8? The V6 engine harness connector is the same physical size and shape, but isn't wired the same. You need the V8 engine harness to ECU cable if you didn't swap it over.
Yes, it was a V8 from 1994 with no ABS, former body was from 1995 and it has ABS, these are main differences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts