TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys know a way to solve this? Here in Dallas its gets really hot in the summer and lets say if its 98 out side its like 150 in my trunk with my stereo going. Because of that my amps get too hot and go out.

What are your ideas to fix this and still keep looking good?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I believe someone has routed the AC vents straight to the trunk. The ones that come out through the back of the center console for the rear passengers. Just tell your rear passengers to enjoy the music and not concentrate on the heat... :cool:

Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
95LX said:
I believe someone has routed the AC vents straight to the trunk. The ones that come out through the back of the center console for the rear passengers. Just tell your rear passengers to enjoy the music and not concentrate on the heat... :cool:

Jim
I like that idea! If someone wanted to spend the cash, it could be taken to this end:

run the center console all the way through the back seats and up to the rear window shelf. Split the rear seat into two buckets. Plumb the ductwork into the trunk. Put cupholders, etc., in the new console for the people in the rear seat.

That would look great. It'd be expensive, but it would look great.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
why not just mount 1 pull fan and 1 push fan underneath the rear deck at opposite ends to circulate air in and out of the trunk from the cabin where you are runing the A/C you could put either grill cloth over them or some smaller midrange grills over them, maybe color matched to the interior. Fresno is much the same. 98degrees is that all you got :p J/K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts