TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make a STB for the 3.8 NA's? JL said he doesn't and I don't think KB does either? Am i going to have to custom make one?

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
My XR7 2004 said:
Am i going to have to custom make one?
Either you or someone else! :( RancherLee made one for me a few years back, not sure if he has plans to do anymore.

Joe

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I was afriad of

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
My XR7 2004 said:
thats what I was afriad of
even worse chance of finding one if you were one of us with a distributor. :rolleyes: what can you do.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm......switch to DIS just so i could build a STB, or leave it alone and just get eibach springs and koni shocks? Tough choice.......yea i'd just get the springs and shocks.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I've got a 93' 3.8L cougar in the yard, I could take and make some measurements to see if I could get one to fit good for distributor cars.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
rancherlee said:
I've got a 93' 3.8L cougar in the yard, I could take and make some measurements to see if I could get one to fit good for distributor cars.
that would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hi everyone
I too want a STB.
I am proficent in Pro-Engineer (CAD program) I have been planing on drawing up some plans for a STB, then having a friend make me one. It proabably won't be until mid May when I get to this though (busy at school), but once I do, I would be happy to post the drawings, or if my friend is intested in producing a few, doing that.

Any intrest in this?
btw, for distrubuter cars, but who knows, maybe I will come up with a universal 3.8 n/a one.

Jim

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
JSGAuto said:
Any intrest in this?
Jim
I HAVE INTEREST!!! but i don't know if that is enough for you.:rolleyes:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I'm interested too!

·
Registered
607 Posts
I am pretty excited about making this. My commitments for this weekend just "went away" :).

Anyone here have Pro-E? This way I can get someone else to work with me (more or less just for second opinions)?
If not, I will take some screen shots of the progress.

Jim

·
8,978 Posts
OH and it'd be REALLY cool if you made it for solid motor mounts because most solid mounts raise the engine about 1/2"

·
Registered
607 Posts
Really? I did not realize the solid mounts raised the engine.
I will make sure it has the extra clearance.

Jim

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
JSGAuto said:
Really? I did not realize the solid mounts raised the engine.
I will make sure it has the extra clearance.

Jim

i still use ford factory mounts. just in case. i don't know how a raised on would work if my engine isn't raised. confused?????:D

·
8,978 Posts
it would just have more clearance if you DO have solid motor mounts. It wouldn't affect you at all if you have factories

1 - 18 of 18 Posts