TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would there be any call for one? one of the guys at work is going to help me make one for mine and I told him that there might be some interest from other people... so far we are thinking 1" or 1 1/4" tubing.

any interest?

John

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm... I looked at some pictures of the 3.8's with a distributor and it's not going to be easy... i might have to have someone locally bring up a 3.8 with a dist to mock one up (or try to at least)...

now if you have DIS, that's another story

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
With DIS its very easy, pretty much a straight shot across with maybe a 2" curve forward on it. (I've built a few for DIS cars) I used 1.25" .125 wall pipe to built them.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it hard to convert to dis?

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Litning said:
hmmm... I looked at some pictures of the 3.8's with a distributor and it's not going to be easy... i might have to have someone locally bring up a 3.8 with a dist to mock one up (or try to at least)...

now if you have DIS, that's another story

hey, if you come down to the cookout in a couple of weeks, you can use mine to demo. i have 93 3.8 w/distributor. someone else was looking into doing this as well, but haven't heard from him in at least a month.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think we can do that... I will bring down some tubing so that we can try and fab up something...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
XR7Kid, if you can wait until September, I'll be back in town, and I have a pipe bender and welder, and we can hook one up for your car. For OK TCCoA who can drive down to my shop, you'll only have to buy materials.

·
Administrator
8,243 Posts
rancherlee said:
(I've built a few for DIS cars)
I got mine! :D Thanks Ranch!

Joe

·
Registered
861 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
XR7Kid, if you can wait until September, I'll be back in town, and I have a pipe bender and welder, and we can hook one up for your car. For OK TCCoA who can drive down to my shop, you'll only have to buy materials.
OK! sounds like fun!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Rich, I'm just curious if i can also get in on that. I'd love to have an STB for my 3.8 and this might just be the one time i'd ever be able to get one made. What would i be looking at on material cost?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Yeah, I'd be willing to do a couple for you guys, you live in Wichita Falls, so you might as well be considered OK;) Materials wouldn't be much, maybe $30 at the most.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hehe, i'm like a "dual" chapter member. I live in texas and sometimes go to the OK meets and such. Let me know when you decide it's time to do this.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Well, I'll be back in town at the end of August, then we are packing up and heading to MN12 Nationals, so sometime after that will be fine.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
how about me? can i have one made , too? please......:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts