Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crank and waterpump pulley
90 shipped you cover the fees

·
Registered
523 Posts
do these retain the stock size belt or do you need a different length?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These run stock belt because we removed and put stock parts on and same belt

Robert

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Smaller harmonic balancer replacement type or piggyback?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There steedas no piggyback junk I'd throw them away lol also there my buddys and he needs money

Robert

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have the same pulleys on my car. They are great! I paid a bit more for them, so this is a good deal.

It uses the stock belt, the pulleys are just different sizes.

·
Banned
998 Posts
What kind of a gain does Steeda claim on these? Did you feel a difference?

Do you have a part# or pic? Why only a 2 piece set? I thought they were a 3 pcs set?

If you still have not sold these on Friday 7/30 I will take them.

How do you want me to pay?

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
paypal or money order around 10 hp because the alt pullys slos the alt down even more

·
Banned
998 Posts
Why only a 2 piece set? I thought they were a 3 pcs set?

Do you have the part# so I can have it for my records?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That third pulley isn't required. The size is exactly the same as stock. I don't know why it was a part of the set to begin with.

Here is a part number and description, http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_4.6L_underdrive_pulleys.php

As far as gains, I am not sure since I did my gears at the same time. It won't be really big, but it will give you a little. You might want to bump up your idle speed with your tune. I believe you can do that from the device itself.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Thanks Comet.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I paid $150 for mine, so this is a good deal. It would be a nice addition to your car (which is really nice, BTW).

·
Banned
998 Posts
Thanks again for the info Comet and thanks I need a paint job but want all the mechanical stuff done first paint is last after SC next year.

When I get into the 11's with the AED then it is time for paint and I drive around with a BIG smile on my face.

Jerry

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Another uhh...."feature" of the steeda pullies is that the water pump pully is larger due to the crank/balancer pully being smaller, so it covers up the right side bolt holding the alternator on just enough so that the water pump pully must be removed in order to remove the alternator...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks again for the info Comet and thanks I need a paint job but want all the mechanical stuff done first paint is last after SC next year.

When I get into the 11's with the SC then it is time for paint and I drive around with a BIG smile on my face.

Jeryr
Paint is always an issue. Mine has seen better days, but its silver so it hides it pretty good. I found some more things broken this year so my painting will have to wait.

·
Banned
998 Posts
No prob, thanks

I am a pro at pulling the front of my motor down did it like 3 times when I did my PI Cams. :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yeah, and we should have pulled the engine when we did those valve seals.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Really was it that hard??

You just have to pull the valve covers right?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The way we were doing it, we had the engine hooked to the air compressor to keep the valves in place. Then we had to remove the old seal and spring and install the new ones. Some were very hard to get to with the engine in the car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts