TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around in the brake section and the mention of steel braided this and double flare that kept coming up. On my 30,000 cooler I have some hidious orange 250 psi tube from a hydrolic pump. Ant I would like to run some steel braded or steel tubing instead. Any one do this particular set up for there tranny cooler?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Where can I get braided lines like that rod? I take it you dont have to bend those kind of lines, they are semi-flexible?

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Summit, Jegs, and a bunch of other places sell stainless braided line and fittings. I have a little over $300 in stainless braided lines and fittings on my XR7 (trans cooler, oil filter, and power steering lines).

And yes, they are pretty flexible.

-Rod

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I just noticed thos jackstands rod. I had a set just like them they get very unsafe quick if you push to the side of them I had a set buckle on me while I was lowering the front down the ones in the rear broke so be careful with them. I had 2 sets and I threw the other set away after that. I was lucky it was a car I was junking and nothing(or no one) got hurt.
Alan

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Darrin said:
are those the -6 lines?
The trans cooler and oil filter lines are -8 lines, and the power steering high pressure line is a -6 line.

I'll probably step the oil filter lines up to -10 lines at the end of this season (the engine will be receiving a few mods :D ).

-Rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts