TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of dropping the k-member to replace my oil pan gasket while the transmission is out for the tranny swap. One step of directions that I found on here said I should disconnect the steering rag joint. I looked in my ford manual and don't see it. Where is it? Any pictures? Does it go by another name in my manual. Thanks.

Seth

·
Registered
623 Posts
The rag joint isn't in a manual, its under the car:) Its near your driver side exhaust manifold. If you crawl under the car it is in plain view attached to the shaft for the steering column exiting the firewall. Here is one piece of advice. Before you remove/disconnect it either lock your steering wheel or tie it in place so the 13mm bolt heads are accessible. If you unbolt it and your steering wheel gets turned there is a chance you'll turn it the wrong way upon reinstallation (the steering wheel can turn indefinitely when the column is disconnected). This breaks the clock spring in the wheel.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My bad, my iPhone posts usually have atleast one typo. When you see it you'll know what I was getting at with 'secure the wheel with the rag joint bolts accesible'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts