TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 97 t'bird sport with 62k miles on rough michigan roads. My steering wheel pulls gently to the left with just the slightest brake pedal application. I have new tires, rotors, pads, and calipers. The brakes seems to stop the car allright. but a slight stap of the brakes at high speed will result in the same slight pull to the left. Any help woulb be appriciated. Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Alignment is the first place I would look

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
well if its like me... its the brake grabs harder on that side... I know thats my prob cuz the tire is harder to spin on my passenger side than my driver when I have the front end up in the air so I know the passenger side is already rubbin harder than driver... I don't care at the moment cuz come in another year I'll have a nice set of Cobra R's and some 13inch rotors :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
A tip mentioned in the haynes manual is that you have contaminated one of you brake pads with grease (from the outer tie rods). And check the insulator bushings on the calipers. Hmmmm, what else; I think I read a post where someone noticed the strut rod was loose and it was doing this. And if you get desparate, swap rotors and see if the problem switches(pulls to the right instead). Hope this helps.
Perch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responces

YOu have given me places to look. I DO think you side is harder to turn than the other. Also swapping rotor side to side is a great idea too. Hopefully I will report back with answers. Rhanks again.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
:zwthstpd:

My driver's side lower ball joint was worn and damaged. I took the opportunity to replace upper and lower control arms, upgraded shocks and springs to "Sport", got an alignment and the problem is gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts