Discussion Starter #1
Background info:

1995 Thunderbird SC Auto

What's new:
-UCA's
-LCA's
-Sway bar Links
-Balanced tires/wheels

What I've noticed: Strut rod bushings are TRASHED, I hear a clunk in the front end when I go over speed bumps, so I'm assuming it's them as all the other components are kosher, would they be enough to cause a steering wheel pulsation at a lower speed?

(Wheel/tire vibrations are typically visible from 70-75

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Usually vibration is either something out of round, or something worn out.

To check the drive shaft, you'll have to crawl under it and physically grasp the joint to check it for movement.

There are Three places to check; the two ujoints, and the crimp between sections. If the crimp looks like it's moved, it's your problem.

I was sure the driveshaft on Lazarus was fine; I just was upgrading to Aluminum when I took it out during an (unneeded) transmission replacement.

It was in two pieces, and rattled like a maraca. :grin2:

I thought the tranny was slipping in second, but noooo; it was the driveshaft turning inside itself, lol.

We had a group buy on aluminum driveshafts a ways back, from PST; call Arlene, she will hook you up. :)

I have three of them, one over 100k, with no probs at all.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harmonic balancer has been replaced with a BHJ unit, so no issues there, also let me be more specific about the vibration, it's a back and forth vibration "side to side" with the steering wheel, almost as if there were warped rotors (which there isn't because I replaced all the brakes.)

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Harmonic balancer has been replaced with a BHJ unit, so no issues there, also let me be more specific about the vibration, it's a back and forth vibration "side to side" with the steering wheel, almost as if there were warped rotors (which there isn't because I replaced all the brakes.)
Did you line up the schrader valve with the yellow painted lug nut?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts