TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't beleive i'm asking this question.. I sound like a newbie in audio systems... but what the hell..... Here it goes...

I just bought my new Pioneer DEH-p9200r and i got it yesterday (Monday) so i tried to install it when i got off work.... But i did not succed :( I checked several time the cables from the car, the hot wire it has an orange stripe, right? and the ground has a green..... But still the stereo it's not getting power....... I've install radios many many times, and this is the first time that i've had problems...
If any one has a pioneer stereo, please help me.. Thanx.

·
Registered
855 Posts
first off i believe that the orange wire is for illumination......

hot wire is usually the yellow wire (BATT) and red is usually ACC (ignition)......

why didn't you use a wiring harness? they're like $5

p.s. if you don't know what wire is power don't connect anything,.....just whip out a voltmeter w/ the key in the ACC/ON position,........find the two wires w/ 12V......then shut off the ignition and see which wire still has power,.........that's your battery wire.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Tx_Cat said:
I've install radios many many times, and this is the first time that i've had problems...
Unlikely...

The T-Bird is one of the easiest cars I have ever worked with in terms of stereos. If you're having trouble, please either get someone who knows what they are doing to help you, or do it right-- with a volt-meter and a wiring harness.

PJ

G

·
Ouch

Wow... that was harsh... well, if you really don't want to go with the wiring harness... (easiest way and doesn't hurt sound performance at all) then go get yourself a ford factory service manual (a lot more than that wiring harness) and it will tell you which wire is for which. I personally don't like messing with wires that I don't know what they are for... and I install my own stereo equipment.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Not trying to be harsh...

When I was a kid, and I had just discovered the world of car audio, my mom's car almost went up in flames because of my over-confidence. Fortunately, all that ended up happening was some singed wires.

Messing with wires when you don't know exactly what they are is dangerous. I don't want any T-Birds getting their feathers singed.

PJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Um...did you look in the instructions?....When I bought my Pioneer deck, it came with an operation manual and an installation manual. The installation manual has a diagram and shows/tells what each wire goes to.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
There should be a diagram in the tech articles too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts